“Great pub food”

The Shoulder of Mutton
Ranked #133 of 436 Restaurants in Harrogate
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Shoulder of Mutton is a traditional pub at the heart of village life, serving real ales and delicious pub food in a warm and inviting setting.
“Great pub food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Came here to celebrate my mums birthday with family. Good choice for everyone on the menu. Waitresses polite and helpful. Food was delicious and plentiful. I was too full for dessert but those who managed thoroughly enjoyed. Will visit again. Thank you.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Foxymama1

horsham
“Great pub grub”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Our friends live in this pretty village close to Harrogate so it was walking distance to the pub. I had the shoulder of mutton in gravy with dauphinoise potatoes and veg. It was delicious. The fish and chips and pie were equally rated by others in the group.

Visited July 2014
Florida Keys
“Sunday Roast Lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

My adult son and I were visiting friends in North Yorkshire last month and on the Sunday we were there they took us to The Shoulder of Mutton in Kirkby Overblow (near Harrogate). Three of us ordered the roast mutton special and one the roast beef. We also ordered a nice bottle of wine and split a starter. The lamb was really, really good - falling off the bone tender and with a minted, rich gravy that was to die for!! There were also potatoes and veggies. I would definitely recommend this lovely little pub to anyone who is visiting the area.

• Visited June 2014
cleethorpes
“A SURPRISE AFTER THE LEEDS ROCK FESTIVAL”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

Having enjoyed a terrific day at the lets rock Leeds festival in June this year, it was decided by the people around me that we should try this place for Sunday lunch. It was a great view across the fields and there were grazing sheep next to the pub car park.The small deli shop also caught my eye. The food was sensational , the service second to none, the company funny and the ambience relaxing . Naturally I chose shoulder of mutton with mint and redcurrant gravy..,utterly divine! The chef came out to check on us which was a nice touch and the desserts were yummy! If I am back in this area again I will return

• Visited June 2014
York, United Kingdom
“Good quality pub food, early bird menu is exceptional value for money.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

We'd read that they had a menu for Coeliacs so we went out of our way to visit arriving as the doors opened at 6:00pm. The landlady is a Coeliac herself so not only is there an extensive GF menu they will adapt dishes from the main menu to be GF if they can.

There was a hell of a shock when the bill came........just £12.50 for two courses AND coffee!!! I wished we lived nearby.

• Visited May 2014