“Excellent Sunday roast early bird”

The Shoulder of Mutton
Ranked #144 of 446 Restaurants in Harrogate
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Shoulder of Mutton is a traditional pub at the heart of village life, serving real ales and delicious pub food in a warm and inviting setting.
knaresborough
“Excellent Sunday roast early bird”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Friends visiting, so we decided to eat out on Sunday as our treat.
Excellent Sunday roast, dessert, followed by coffee and shortbread.
Our guests thoroughly enjoyed the late afternoon "early bird".
Good beer and excellent friendly service from the staff.
Good to see that the pub continues to maintain its good standard.
Hearted lay reccommendations.

Bridlington
“Lovely Pub ,Great Beer, Good Early Bird Menu”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Visited early evening and sampled the early Bird Menu , nice welcoming efficient service.
We had the same starter ,Pate on toasted Soda bread which was superb served with a lovely onion chutney. For mains my wife had a chicken Biryani style dish which was succulent and bursting with delicate indian flavours. I had the Fish, chips and mushy peas,which was nicely cooked in a decent enough crispy batter, my only criricism was in relation to my own pet hate frozen chips. ( I can never understand why restaurants don't serve homemade chips?)The black sheep beer was well kept and on good form. The bill was very reasonable, and we shall return.

1 Thank Martin M
Leeds, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very good pub food - Worth a detour”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

My wife and I called in for lunch midweek . The staff were welcoming and friendly. The menu was not extensive but the dishes we chose were pub food standard at its best. I particularly enjoyed the gammon with two eggs. The latter were cooked to perfection (which is rare in my experience) and the gammon melted in the mouth. My wife was equally impressed with her scampi. The sticky toffee pudding is also highly recommended. In this fine summer weather there is also a nice garden if you want to eat alfresco and an early bird deal.

Leeds, United Kingdom
“A pleasant Saturday evening in the sun”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Taking advantage of the glorious summer sun my friends and decided to leave the city and go to one of the local country pubs
Arriving at 18:45 on a Saturday we were surprised to see there was an early-bird deal between 18:00-19:00. It had a good choice and was excellent value for three courses and coffee £15.50. In the end only one of us had this menu because the main menu looked so good.
The chicken pate was tasty though the chunks of soda bread were a little to thick. There fish and chips were excellent and very filling. One friend had the goats cheese as a main which was well presented The other the pork - the accompanying sauce was a little thin. For desert it was the lemon cheese cake which was light and refreshing
All in all a very good meal

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Alan B
“Great pub food”
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Came here to celebrate my mums birthday with family. Good choice for everyone on the menu. Waitresses polite and helpful. Food was delicious and plentiful. I was too full for dessert but those who managed thoroughly enjoyed. Will visit again. Thank you.

Visited July 2014