Ashley House Hotel
Crowne Plaza Harrogate(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
US$77
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
The West Park Hotel(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
US$142
  • Restaurant
Cedar Court Hotel(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$71
Official Site
Ascot House Hotel Harrogate(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$74
Hotel du Vin and Bistro(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
US$126
US$187
US$72
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
Premier Inn Harrogate Town Centre Hotel(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
US$100
PremierInn.com
Old Swan Hotel(Harrogate)
US$155
US$115
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I stayed a the Ashley house in harrogate and it was lovely . The lady booking us in was very helpful and nothing was too much trouble. She made it a lovely weekend. The room was very nice and clean with a large tv. And access to straighteners and dryers etc in room. Room very comfy and and had a pleasant night sleep. Very homely cottagey feel. And so close to town to walk. Very central but not on top of noise I will definately be booking here next time I come to harrogate.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

So I booked at another B&B over the road, however they rang me and said they have "upgraded" me to the Ashley house! If this was an upgrade I dread to think what the other B&B was like!
On my arrival there was a huge dog, which i am not fond of anyway barking at me. At this point I thought i would be polite! Then I was asked to pay in full before seeing my room, (I was actually asked to pay more than £47 per night without breakfast) which if I saw my "upgraded" room I would of ran for my life. I stopped in room 11 - the sauna! Awful room black stuff everywhere, it stank! The bed was quite comfy like, think that is the only positive here. Then at 7.07am the Chinese lady tried to get into my room, 7.07am??? Really???
I wasn't expecting much for the price, however if I was to stay there again, they would have to pay me!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank Htfcterry
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Stayed here recently and found everything to be fine and good value for money. Had a huge room in the annex with a great view which was lovely . The landlady was friendly, chatty and welcoming and cooked me a good breakfast.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I booked this B&B for myself and a few friends... The location and prove seemed great for the middle of Harrogate... However on arrival WOW what a stench, my friends and I were almost sick at the smell of fish and wet dog. We decided to give this place a chance as was only one night - we were given keys and told to find own rooms, the rooms were very small and dated. Cold water in the tiny shower room ( no hot ) there was burn holes in the bedding ( we paid for a double room was more like a 3/4 bed with a single quilt ) in the other room there was blood on the walls!
The next day I realised I had left something belonging me in the room so I rang the B&B, the lady was very very rude to me on the phone and told me to ring back ' later ' as she couldn't be bothered to go check! I decided to make my way down there myself and on entry she told me my belongings weren't there. I asked to take a look myself - she reluctantly gave me the key.. I went to the room and looked exactly where I thought it would be - next to tv. They weren't there but stuffed behind the tv out of sight ! What is going on here !? If your going to stay here - think again and pay that extra £10 to stay somewhere BETTER.
Also breakfast is not included in your £50 a night ... She told us ' to pay £15, or go to wetherspoons ! ' rude !!

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank 19Louise90
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Where do I start, the unpleasant potent smell on arrival or the blood stained window panes? In fact I will start with cleanliness of the hotel in general. From the reception leading to the bedrooms, I must admit, I have stayed in Indian guest houses in Delhi that can demonstrate a greater desire to present their guest house in a cleaner manner. I did not mind that our bedroom was on the top floor, however I would of appreciated if there were less hurdles to avoid en-route up the stairs. I found myself tripping over running cables on the top of the landings - surely a Health and Safety hazard that must be addressed. The bed sheets were clean however, the huge cigarette burns soon spilt that. The TV remote was bigger than the TV. The interior is dated and worn, I would highly recommend the hotel to refurbish and take on-board my comments and the comments of others to better their B&B - after all why did you sign-up to receive customer reviews on Trip Advisor if you are simply just going to disregard them? I was VERY disappointed on the prices charged per room WITHOUT breakfast. I did enquire for breakfast in the morning however I was redirected to a Weatherspoons around the corner by the B&B staff. On the plus side, I had a great nights sleep, which I put down to one to many Vodka and cokes. To ensure repeat business I would recommend impeccable after sales customer service, which this place lacks (allow me to eliberate) - a relative of mine left her straighteners in the room, so she contacted the B&B and were told a pack of lies - I wouldn't be surprised to see these straighteners on eBay. To summarise, I will not be staying at this hotel again unless management do address the many problems that have been highlighted by other visitors and until then, I do not feel this B&B fit for purpose.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends