This hotel has its own small car park which is useful. The bar area looked spacious and recently renovated, but we never used it as only there a short time. Receptionists polite, helpful & efficient. The room itself was spacious but the traffic was noisy, the TV signal was grainy and the bathroom was clean but very dated. The bathroom fan was also very squeaky and noisy and we were woken by next door's fan at which sounded like a car cam belt.
Good central location but wouldn't bother going for a romantic break.
Oh and we missed breakfast as it ended at 9:00am (but, to be fair, it did say this in the information leaflet) but 9 seems a little early.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the most famous hotels in Harrogate, the St. George is a magnificent Edwardian property situated in the heart of this historic spa town. Its location, adjacent to the Harrogate International Centre’s Exhibition Halls and the Royal Hall, makes it ideal for both leisure and business travellers. The Royal Baths, with the newly refurbished Turkish baths and a range of elegant restaurants, are situated immediately opposite the hotel. As well as the delights of Harrogate, the hotel makes an ideal base for those wishing to visit Leeds, York or the beautiful Yorkshire Dales. Alternatively, visit the famous Betty’s Tea Rooms, and for those who like to shop, enjoy the exclusive small boutiques and various antique shops situated in the Montpellier quarter. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Odigeo, Evoline ltd, Priceline and Cancelon so you can book your The St George Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Saint George Harrogate
- Hotel Saint George
- St George Hotel Harrogate
- The St George Hotel Harrogate, Yorkshire