Lovely looking main hotel, room and bathroom were a nice size but in need of re-decoration. Bedroom had low level lighting which wasn't sufficient to read by or put on make-up. Hotel has a small car park that you have to pay extra for and pre-book. We arrived on a Saturday night and were able to park on the street outside free after 6pm and all day Sunday. Rooms have VERY squeaky floor boards and we were woken up Sunday morning by the squeaking from the room above. Breakfast was nice and the staff were very friendly. All-in-all we weren't very impressed for the price paid though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the most famous hotels in Harrogate, the St. George is a magnificent Edwardian property situated in the heart of this historic spa town. Its location, adjacent to the Harrogate International Centre’s Exhibition Halls and the Royal Hall, makes it ideal for both leisure and business travellers. The Royal Baths, with the newly refurbished Turkish baths and a range of elegant restaurants, are situated immediately opposite the hotel. As well as the delights of Harrogate, the hotel makes an ideal base for those wishing to visit Leeds, York or the beautiful Yorkshire Dales. Alternatively, visit the famous Betty’s Tea Rooms, and for those who like to shop, enjoy the exclusive small boutiques and various antique shops situated in the Montpellier quarter. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Expedia, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Atrapalo, Agoda, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your The St George Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Saint George Harrogate
- Hotel Saint George
- St George Hotel Harrogate
- The St George Hotel Harrogate, Yorkshire