While the hotel has seen better days it was clean and comfortable. All the staff were polite and helpful, the breakfast service was fast and efficient.
The single room I stayed in was very comfy, could do with more storage or a suitcase stand.
I had read some other reviews which found lots of faults so I wasn't sure what to expect but I must say I was pleasantly surprised by the the standard.
The only thing that could be looked at is handing in your key when you go out,at times the was a queue at reception to collect your key.
Had a really enjoyable stay and hope to visit again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the most famous hotels in Harrogate, the St. George is a magnificent Edwardian property situated in the heart of this historic spa town. Its location, adjacent to the Harrogate International Centre’s Exhibition Halls and the Royal Hall, makes it ideal for both leisure and business travellers. The Royal Baths, with the newly refurbished Turkish baths and a range of elegant restaurants, are situated immediately opposite the hotel. As well as the delights of Harrogate, the hotel makes an ideal base for those wishing to visit Leeds, York or the beautiful Yorkshire Dales. Alternatively, visit the famous Betty’s Tea Rooms, and for those who like to shop, enjoy the exclusive small boutiques and various antique shops situated in the Montpellier quarter. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, LateRooms, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your The St George Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Saint George Harrogate
- Hotel Saint George
- St George Hotel Harrogate
- The St George Hotel Harrogate, Yorkshire