Incredibly noisy if you are trying to sleep when there is a function on.
Don't turn up expecting to be able to park - this needs to be arranged well in advance and there still might not be any available.
Staff seem unable to cope with bar orders when hotel has a function on - waits of over half an hour at the bar seemed to be the norm.
Breakfast was functional and the dining room fills quickly so you may have to wait; staff are, at best, adequate here (unlike recection where staff where helpful and friendly).
Shower - temperature variable and low power
Lovely characterful buidling
Big room with loads of floor and wardrobe space
Christmas meal delicious and quirky
Gym small but had several working cardio machines and a selection of dumbells
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the most famous hotels in Harrogate, the St. George is a magnificent Edwardian property situated in the heart of this historic spa town. Its location, adjacent to the Harrogate International Centre’s Exhibition Halls and the Royal Hall, makes it ideal for both leisure and business travellers. The Royal Baths, with the newly refurbished Turkish baths and a range of elegant restaurants, are situated immediately opposite the hotel. As well as the delights of Harrogate, the hotel makes an ideal base for those wishing to visit Leeds, York or the beautiful Yorkshire Dales. Alternatively, visit the famous Betty’s Tea Rooms, and for those who like to shop, enjoy the exclusive small boutiques and various antique shops situated in the Montpellier quarter. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your The St George Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Saint George Harrogate
- Hotel Saint George
- St George Hotel Harrogate
- The St George Hotel Harrogate, Yorkshire