For a three star hotel we found the choice and quality of the food excellent. The staff were always very helpful and cheerful. Our room and beds were clean and well appointed.
The hotel has a lot of character and the architecture in the dining room is impressive.
The downside was that the hot water had air in the system. T have a shower we had to run the water in to the bath and once running hot, the shower was fine. A waste of water!
The quality of the decorating in places was poor. Although it had obviously been recently painted in our corridor, the finish could have been a lot better. The management should not have accepted it. The upside is that the building is kept very clean.
This was our third visit in four years.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the most famous hotels in Harrogate, the St. George is a magnificent Edwardian property situated in the heart of this historic spa town. Its location, adjacent to the Harrogate International Centre’s Exhibition Halls and the Royal Hall, makes it ideal for both leisure and business travellers. The Royal Baths, with the newly refurbished Turkish baths and a range of elegant restaurants, are situated immediately opposite the hotel. As well as the delights of Harrogate, the hotel makes an ideal base for those wishing to visit Leeds, York or the beautiful Yorkshire Dales. Alternatively, visit the famous Betty’s Tea Rooms, and for those who like to shop, enjoy the exclusive small boutiques and various antique shops situated in the Montpellier quarter. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Priceline and Cancelon so you can book your The St George Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Saint George Harrogate
- Hotel Saint George
- St George Hotel Harrogate
- The St George Hotel Harrogate, Yorkshire