Normally my wife and I stay at home for the New Year but this year we decided to go away for the celebrations and we're glad we did. We had a fantastic time. The hotel management and staff, to a person, could not have been more welcoming and obliging. On New Year's Eve the dining room was magical: the tables tastefully set with all the trimmings, helium balloons suspended over a specially prepared dance area with easy listening and disco music laid on. The meal, five courses plus tea or coffee, was well prepared and beautifully presented by the very attentive waiters. Entertainment on the other evenings was fairly standard. The 'Brunch', on New Year's Eve and New Year's Day was excellent.
Our room (standard) was very spacious with ample space for clothes etc. It was at the front of the hotel and there was a little street noise which was to be expected since it was in the centre of a town and it was New Year. The beds were clean and comfortable and the room generally well appointed although there were some areas of the bathroom requiring maintenance.
The architecture of the building is impressive but the general decor did in places need a little TLC.
Overall it was a great four days and we would certainly go back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the most famous hotels in Harrogate, the St. George is a magnificent Edwardian property situated in the heart of this historic spa town. Its location, adjacent to the Harrogate International Centre’s Exhibition Halls and the Royal Hall, makes it ideal for both leisure and business travellers. The Royal Baths, with the newly refurbished Turkish baths and a range of elegant restaurants, are situated immediately opposite the hotel. As well as the delights of Harrogate, the hotel makes an ideal base for those wishing to visit Leeds, York or the beautiful Yorkshire Dales. Alternatively, visit the famous Betty’s Tea Rooms, and for those who like to shop, enjoy the exclusive small boutiques and various antique shops situated in the Montpellier quarter. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U., Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your The St George Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Saint George Harrogate
- Hotel Saint George
- St George Hotel Harrogate
- The St George Hotel Harrogate, Yorkshire