Stayed here recently and was very disappointed. Rooms were way below standard with cheap corded carpet and creaky floorboards. Bathroom was dirty with cracked tiles and repaired plasterwork all over.
Ate in the bar first night and had a steak. Chips were iterally thrown across the table at me and my Bourbon sauce the same, actually bouncing off my plate. Plates were eventually removed from the table at about 00.45am.This hotel entrance is on the main road and not as would seem from the website.
At best it is a 2 star, some of the staff were very good (receptionist) but it is dated and tired.
For the money, a Travelodge or Holiday Inn Express would be a lot better value. Best avoid.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the most famous hotels in Harrogate, the St. George is a magnificent Edwardian property situated in the heart of this historic spa town. Its location, adjacent to the Harrogate International Centre’s Exhibition Halls and the Royal Hall, makes it ideal for both leisure and business travellers. The Royal Baths, with the newly refurbished Turkish baths and a range of elegant restaurants, are situated immediately opposite the hotel. As well as the delights of Harrogate, the hotel makes an ideal base for those wishing to visit Leeds, York or the beautiful Yorkshire Dales. Alternatively, visit the famous Betty’s Tea Rooms, and for those who like to shop, enjoy the exclusive small boutiques and various antique shops situated in the Montpellier quarter. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Expedia, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Atrapalo, Hotels.com, Agoda and Ebookers so you can book your The St George Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Saint George Harrogate
- Hotel Saint George
- St George Hotel Harrogate
- The St George Hotel Harrogate, Yorkshire