We visited St George for a meal as a party of nine to celebrate my sons 18th birthday
We all agreed the food was very average and it was a shame to see how far standards have declined since holding our wedding reception there in 1989.
The hotel reception rooms are very tired
The menu was very limited and the food was canteen quality at best
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the most famous hotels in Harrogate, the St. George is a magnificent Edwardian property situated in the heart of this historic spa town. Its location, adjacent to the Harrogate International Centre’s Exhibition Halls and the Royal Hall, makes it ideal for both leisure and business travellers. The Royal Baths, with the newly refurbished Turkish baths and a range of elegant restaurants, are situated immediately opposite the hotel. As well as the delights of Harrogate, the hotel makes an ideal base for those wishing to visit Leeds, York or the beautiful Yorkshire Dales. Alternatively, visit the famous Betty’s Tea Rooms, and for those who like to shop, enjoy the exclusive small boutiques and various antique shops situated in the Montpellier quarter. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo, Evoline ltd, Priceline and Cancelon so you can book your The St George Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Saint George Harrogate
- Hotel Saint George
- St George Hotel Harrogate
- The St George Hotel Harrogate, Yorkshire