I decided to book a night in Harrogate because I was driving London-Edinburgh and needed a half way point to stop. I chose the St George Hotel because it had spa facilities and good ratings, I was intending to spend the my time relaxing in the spa.
Parking wasn't available when I booked, but I arrived on a Sunday, so I could park anywhere anyway. First impressions were good, lovely foyer and seating areas, friendly staff.
I booked into a single room, the room looked out onto the Royal Hall. It was clean, and a good size, the heating was easy to control and the bed was really comfortable. Some aspects of the bathroom were very worn, some exposed plumbing, mismatched suite and badly finished, I've never seen so many shades of white in one room! It could do with being refreshed.
The spa was good, sauna, steam room, pool and jacuzzi, it's not luxurious but good enough to enjoy.
I had dinner in the bar, not the restaurant, that night and that was the only thing that was disappointing. The food was expensive and below par, it had definitely just come out of a freezer and blasted in a microwave.
I had paid the £5 for breakfast and it was definitely worth it. Good selection of food in a nice environment.
I would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the most famous hotels in Harrogate, the St. George is a magnificent Edwardian property situated in the heart of this historic spa town. Its location, adjacent to the Harrogate International Centre’s Exhibition Halls and the Royal Hall, makes it ideal for both leisure and business travellers. The Royal Baths, with the newly refurbished Turkish baths and a range of elegant restaurants, are situated immediately opposite the hotel. As well as the delights of Harrogate, the hotel makes an ideal base for those wishing to visit Leeds, York or the beautiful Yorkshire Dales. Alternatively, visit the famous Betty’s Tea Rooms, and for those who like to shop, enjoy the exclusive small boutiques and various antique shops situated in the Montpellier quarter. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The St George Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Saint George Harrogate
- Hotel Saint George
- St George Hotel Harrogate
- The St George Hotel Harrogate, Yorkshire