Stayed for one night. £102 and some pennies for room, inc £5 for reserved car spot.
Room very basic, and drab. Hallways chipped, drab. Pool and gym, drab, smelled of stale sweat throughout - wife had to get someone to find her a locker that actually worked.
Aside from the reception area, the whole place is terribly run down and depressing really.
Wife was kept awake by people out the back of the hotel talking - suspect they were smokers.
Wouldn't stay there again but would book a boutique apartment (we had one the night before) - wonderful and just over half the price of the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the most famous hotels in Harrogate, the St. George is a magnificent Edwardian property situated in the heart of this historic spa town. Its location, adjacent to the Harrogate International Centre’s Exhibition Halls and the Royal Hall, makes it ideal for both leisure and business travellers. The Royal Baths, with the newly refurbished Turkish baths and a range of elegant restaurants, are situated immediately opposite the hotel. As well as the delights of Harrogate, the hotel makes an ideal base for those wishing to visit Leeds, York or the beautiful Yorkshire Dales. Alternatively, visit the famous Betty’s Tea Rooms, and for those who like to shop, enjoy the exclusive small boutiques and various antique shops situated in the Montpellier quarter. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotels.com, Odigeo, Evoline ltd, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your The St George Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Saint George Harrogate
- Hotel Saint George
- St George Hotel Harrogate
- The St George Hotel Harrogate, Yorkshire