Booked a Sunday lunch, no one in restaurant, no one to welcome us in restaurant and once we found some staff, lack of attention continued. We were looking forward to a pleasant experience, but beef was tough, lamb was OK. Complained to duty Manager who did listen but made no offers to recognise our disappointment or remedy matters. We got impression the Hotel was ''tired,'' not interested in attracting restaurant customers and was relieved to see us go so they could get back to relaxing, chatting, or whatever they are free to do when not having to care for customers. A real pity for such a well located hotel with a charming appearance.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the most famous hotels in Harrogate, the St. George is a magnificent Edwardian property situated in the heart of this historic spa town. Its location, adjacent to the Harrogate International Centre’s Exhibition Halls and the Royal Hall, makes it ideal for both leisure and business travellers. The Royal Baths, with the newly refurbished Turkish baths and a range of elegant restaurants, are situated immediately opposite the hotel. As well as the delights of Harrogate, the hotel makes an ideal base for those wishing to visit Leeds, York or the beautiful Yorkshire Dales. Alternatively, visit the famous Betty’s Tea Rooms, and for those who like to shop, enjoy the exclusive small boutiques and various antique shops situated in the Montpellier quarter. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline and Ebookers so you can book your The St George Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Saint George Harrogate
- Hotel Saint George
- St George Hotel Harrogate
- The St George Hotel Harrogate, Yorkshire