Beautiful period property that has been carefully maintained to keep the elegance of a more refined age. Reception staff friendly and efficient and the room was large, clean and well furnished. We had booked a double room but there were also two bunk beds tucked away in an alcove. Dinner was disappointing as the food options were quite restricted but a word with the restaurant manager meant a better selection was made available the next night. Unusually for England the day we had arrived had been warm and sunny so, as there was no air conditioning, we tried to open the windows to let in some air and cool down the room. The window fasteners were set so high that they would only open and inch or two so not much breeze came in so as a result we had to sleep with the windows open and the road noise (main road) was quite disturbing. We left the curtains closed the next day so that we could close the windows to sleep at night. The hotel was busy while we were there so staff were rushed which meant that there was little or no interaction at mealtimes and we had to request refills of butter etc and drinks with breakfast. Clean and comfortable with easy access to all the attractions of Harrogate. Good value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the most famous hotels in Harrogate, the St. George is a magnificent Edwardian property situated in the heart of this historic spa town. Its location, adjacent to the Harrogate International Centre’s Exhibition Halls and the Royal Hall, makes it ideal for both leisure and business travellers. The Royal Baths, with the newly refurbished Turkish baths and a range of elegant restaurants, are situated immediately opposite the hotel. As well as the delights of Harrogate, the hotel makes an ideal base for those wishing to visit Leeds, York or the beautiful Yorkshire Dales. Alternatively, visit the famous Betty’s Tea Rooms, and for those who like to shop, enjoy the exclusive small boutiques and various antique shops situated in the Montpellier quarter. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Expedia, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK) and Evoline ltd so you can book your The St George Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Saint George Harrogate
- Hotel Saint George
- St George Hotel Harrogate
- The St George Hotel Harrogate, Yorkshire