From driving into the tiny carpark with about ten spaces for guests we imediately heard alarm bells the hotel looks nothing like its picture. It is not surrounded by gardens it is on a main road opposite a night club. Im sure they have photoshopped the picture. We requested to see our room as they wanted to be paid up front. We stayed in the executive room and although clean was tatty the bed was just plain scary the only plus was a jacuzzi bath that needed a bit of a scrub first. We stayed considering it was for one night and the location was good however, i would not of been able to stay any longer than this. The room was freezing and although the thermastat was on the wall it did not work a common theme with the hotel. The hotel layout and management is quite strange for instance if you have been wondering why there is no tea and coffee faclilities in your room this is because they are hidden in a draw under the tv :-). The food was disgusting even after opting for a £7.50 supplement charge for the steak which was not cooked correctly and was served with 2 greasy mushrooms and a tomatoe plonked on the plate. Breakfast was a heart attack served on a plate and I felt sick all day after the amount of grease and fat on all the food the plate was swimming. The leisure faclilities were okay although rather grimy the changing rooms smelled the steam room also had an unpleasant smell and the leisure pool area just appeared and felt unclean. The hotel is very run down and was bearable (just) for one night!!!! on the plus most of the staff were very accomodating to us and polite. The night porter was quite rude when we asked if we could have our key back on our way back in but other than that the staff were nice. Also be aware that the bedroom doors are hard to open I had to get my partner to as I was not strong enough :-) I wouldnt stay here again personally I would go up the road to one of the nicer hotels. Did get wifi access though from our room and connection was very good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the most famous hotels in Harrogate, the St. George is a magnificent Edwardian property situated in the heart of this historic spa town. Its location, adjacent to the Harrogate International Centre’s Exhibition Halls and the Royal Hall, makes it ideal for both leisure and business travellers. The Royal Baths, with the newly refurbished Turkish baths and a range of elegant restaurants, are situated immediately opposite the hotel. As well as the delights of Harrogate, the hotel makes an ideal base for those wishing to visit Leeds, York or the beautiful Yorkshire Dales. Alternatively, visit the famous Betty’s Tea Rooms, and for those who like to shop, enjoy the exclusive small boutiques and various antique shops situated in the Montpellier quarter. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Odigeo, Evoline ltd, Priceline and Cancelon so you can book your The St George Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Saint George Harrogate
- Hotel Saint George
- St George Hotel Harrogate
- The St George Hotel Harrogate, Yorkshire