All reviews coffee machine drawing room newly refurbished hotel pool room small lift lovely hotel mushy peas towel rail other hotels in the area central hotel portion size lovely choice smallest room alarm clock half board the rear car park night porter
Reviewed 14 October 2018

Lovely warm welcome at this recently revamped hotel. Excellent location and so easy to walk in to town. Our room was lovely and although we were on the street side it wasn't a problem as windows were double glazed, plus it was good to'people watch'!! Breakfast and evening meals were served by a attentive staff (led by Jacobi?? who understood about gluten free dietary requests}. Food was wholesome, delicious. and beautifully presented, Stayed for 3 nights but would happily have stayed longer. We paid to park in the hotel's car park which meant we could travel to near by Ripley and Rippon (well worth a visit) leaving a 'reserve cone' in-situ but some cheeky beggar moved it; though thankfully reception staff were able to find us another space! Would definitely consider going back and recommending to orhers

2  Thank Northop1
St_George_Hgte, General Manager at Country Living St. George Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2018

Dear Sue,
Lovely to read your recent review from your 3 night stay with us. As all food is cooked fresh to order our Chef and Restaurant team are more than willing to adjust any dishes on the menu in order to cater for dietary requirements, I'm pleased that we were able to understand and cater for your needs.
I do apologise about your parking cone been removed but pleased reception were able to find you an alternative space.
We look forward to welcoming you back again and will be happy to offer suggestions on areas in and around Harrogate to visit for your next stay.

Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

We spent one night here but had a lovely time.We were given an upgrade which made the visit even more special.

The room was wonderful. There are several places to sit including the relaxing library where we enjoyed a game of pool. Dinner was excellent with great food and service.We benefited from the dinner bed and breakfast rate that was good value.Drinks were reasonably priced.We paid an extra £10 to park in the hotel car park as parking is at a premium in Harrogate.

Country Living have taken "control" of the hotel and the decor,furnishings and standards are in keeping with theirs and what guests would probably expect.

The hotel is centrally located so it is easy to walk out of the hotel and visit the shops, theatre, Valley Gardens etc.

We will definitely stay again in the future.

Alan

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Alan,
I'm truly pleased to read your wonderful review of your recent one night stay, it's great when guests appreciate the efforts of the refurbishment and the Country Living styling.
Hopefully we will be able to welcome you back again perhaps for a longer stay, giving you chance to explore the local areas around Harrogate too. I can personally recommend the Black Sheep Brewery Tour or Brymor Ice Cream Farm, which we use both Black Sheep Beer and Brymor Ice Cream within dishes on our current menu.
If you would like more information about whats on in and around Harrogate, please contact Reservations at the hotel who will be able to help.

Reviewed 12 October 2018 via mobile

What a fab hotel this is with the superb interior you would expect from a country living hotel. Beautiful refurbished rooms and resturaunt and bar areas. Furnished with excellent taste. Nothing to much trouble for the staff team. Breakfast lovely. Resturaunt nice and again service excellent. I could not fault this hotel and the location is perfect for all the superb shops in Harrogate. Across the road from the conference centre and parking available on site . The hotel has a small lift that we required and areas are fully accessible. Car park £10 night and well worth the cost . Stayed 4 nights and will definitely stay again.
If you like a nice hotel that is comfortable and well situated and not stuffy or ostentatious then choose this one.
I didn’t want to leave - loved it and will definitely stay again.

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear gdrd852,
How wonderful to read your amazing review from your recent stay. I have shared your comments with my team who will be very pleased to read them.
Here at the Country Living Hotel in Harrogate we aim to make our guests feel comfortable and relaxed in an environment where they can escape their everyday and I'm thrilled that we achieved this for you.
We look forward to welcoming you back again,
Warm regards

Reviewed 11 October 2018 via mobile

Would just like to say a massive thank you to Lynn, Victoria and their wonderful team for making our daughter and her new husbands’s wedding day the most amazing day they could have wished for.
The hotel is truly gorgeous and the day was so fabulous, so much so, I have to pass on to the team that all the guests loved the fact that they felt so looked after and the service was brilliant.
“It just felt so effortless .”Was a popular statement from the guests!
A footnote. The father of the bride felt he could finally relax after speaking to Lynn, Victoria, Jericho and Kate the day before and then he just knew that it was going to be a great day. And it was.
Cannot recommend this hotel highly enough as a Wedding venue or for any celebration or occasion.
Thank you again. Amazing memories.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Lynette2362,
Thank you so much for your wonderful 5 star review, I have shared these with my team.
We aim to make everything seem effortless and truly love been part of your memories of the day, we look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the hotel again for future family celebrations.

Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

Wow wow wow. Booked into a single room which was gorgeous and if it hadn't been for a strange, soaking wet carpet (cleaning earlier?) then I would have been jolly happy in it. Gorgeous bed linen and so beautifully decorated. As it was I asked to be moved so I didn't get wet feet everytime I walked to the bathroom, and was instantly whisked two rooms down to this palace of a room. But the brilliance doesn't stop there. In the morning when I asked the lady delivering my fresh milk "how do you use the coffee machine?"..she didn't know so almost RAN out of the room with the words "You can't start your morning without a coffee..." promising to return with her manager. Approx 5 mins later she was back...no manager but TWO complimentary cups of coffee "I didn't know if you'd want black or white so I bought you both"!!
Every member of staff I interacted with was brilliant. The hotel, and both of my rooms, were beautiful. I was so sad I only had one night there and will recommend this hotel to anyone I know visiting Harrogate. Thank you!

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
KlaudiaK3806, Front Office Manager at Country Living St. George Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2018

Dear Louise_Bruce66,

Thank you for sharing this great review of the Country Living Hotel following your recent stay with us.
My sincere apologies regarding the wet carpet that you found upon arriving to your room however I am glad an alternative room was provided for you.
I was delighted to read that you had been greeted with a warm smile from one of our staff member who was delivering your fresh milk and that the fantastic and friendly service continued throughout your stay.
Once again, thank you for your review and recommendation to others. I do hope you will return to us very soon.

Kind Regards,