“A great day out for the family”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Brimham Rocks

Brimham Rocks
Ranked #3 of 81 things to do in Harrogate
More attraction details
Owner description: An amazing collection of weird and wonderful rock formations: a great day out for families, climbers and those who love the outdoors.
Newark-on-Trent, United Kingdom
73 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 175 helpful votes
“A great day out for the family”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2014

We visited Brimham Rocks and Moor this morning with the sun shining. It is a stunning and very interesting place to go. We parked in the members car park using our National Trust pass FOC. Car parking started at £5.00 for 4 hours although a little expensive it is still well worth a visit - a real must in you are in the area. The walk round can be as easy as you like or you can take time to climb up on to some of the rocks to get a better view of the dales and moors. It's a place that the whole family can go and enjoy. It is well worth walking up to the café and then up to the small museum and shop, if not to buy anything then for the view. There is also a great area for families to picnic.

• Polish first
North Yorkshire
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“Fantastic natural playground for kids”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2014

We visit regularly with our grandchildren and they just love clambering over the fantastically shaped rocks. However keep a careful eye on the little ones as there are some steep drops on the other side of some innocuous looking slopes. This is a unique spot and an absolute must-see if you are in the area. Visit free to National Trust members, otherwise there is a charge for parking.

Ossett, United Kingdom
74 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 201 helpful votes
“A stunning place for both adults and children. Simply amazing...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2014

Paid a visit here when the sun was shining and I was totally taken back by how stunning this place is. I had a National Trust pass so had free car parking but, if you are not a member, then I would still definitely recommend visiting here as you only have to pay for the car park. There is great walking to be had and the sheer volume of amazing rocks to climb and scramble over are astounding. Differing levels of agility allow you to ascend whichever ones take your fancy or, if you are a photographer then you will be taking shot after shot of all the rock formations or of the glorious views out over the Dales. 2-3 hours would suffice on a visit to here and there is a cafe for refreshments and a shop within Brimham House. This was my first time here and I was not surprised by how many people were here due to how amazing it was. It is rare that I give an 'excellent' review, but Brimham Rocks has simply taken my breath away by it's sheer beauty....

Blackburn, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Great family day out”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

My partner and I visited with our 3 year old daughter for a picnic on Sunday 24th August. Being a bank holiday weekend we arrived to find that the car park was full and we were turned away. Luckily a local farmer had opened his field close by for parking at £3 for the day just a short walk to the entrance to the car park which is £6 for the day.
I hadn't visited since I was a child and it was my partner and daughters first visit. There is lots of space and rock forms to explore so it did not seem as busy as it was. We had our picnic lunch (basically just find a spot and set up) and then had a great explore climbing the various rocks and looking for their names. There is a small visitor centre with a shop and a cafe/hut doing hot food drinks ice cream etc. The toilet facilities are also ample for the number of visitors.
We would certainly recommend this for a family day out on a nice day and will be visiting again soon when I'm sure our 3 year old will want to climb higher and higher on the rocks .

1 Thank Ruth D
Sleaford, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Great fun ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

Nice walk and lots for the kids to do. Amazing rock formations allows the kids to scramble, climb, jump, slide and get some exercise without really realising it.
Good for 'big' kids too!! Just remember the sensible footwear