“Disappointing to say the least!”
Review of New Park Hotel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Harrogate
New Park Hotel
Ranked #85 of 98 Harrogate B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 October 2012

Stayed here with my fiancé for one night as we had tickets to see a comedian in Harrogate. When we arrived I was surprised to see that the 'hotel' was on top of a curry house! Rooms very basic, there was no radiator in our room so it was cold, and there wasn't a single window in our room, just one small window in the bathroom! I would not call this place a hotel, it's basically a restaurant with a few rooms upstairs, very disappointing for what we paid! We were told that breakfast was included, which was a total lie!! We got up on the Sunday morning and there was no one around, no staff to ask or anything, we ended up ringing a mobile number which was taped to the restaurant window and were rudely told to leave our key in our room, no mention of breakfast even though it said breakfast included on our invoice!! False advertising! We had to let ourselves out of the fire exit as there were no staff around to let us out the main door. Would not recommend this place to anyone, very poor.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank srb_x

Reviewed 13 September 2012

My husband and I were staying in Harrogate to meet family who were visiting from abroad. We arrived at the hotel at approximately 3.30pm only to be met with a locked door and a notice saying that check-in was 2-3pm or after 5.30pm. The hotel booking confirmation stated check-in after 2pm but didn't state there was a time limit.There was a mobile number to call but there was no answer so I left a message asking someone to call me back.

As we'd already arranged to meet up with family just after 3.30pm we couldn't hang around until 5.30pm. I had to get changed in the back of my car or turn up in the clothes I'd been travelling in. Nobody called me back from the mobile number so I phoned again and this time somebody answered but they were most unhelpful. My husband returned to the hotel at 6pm as we knew we'd be out for a while and didn't want to risk the chance of not getting checked in, at this point I thought we'd be sleeping in the car! Whilst checking in nobody apologised for the inconvenience caused, in fact they were most unhelpful and didn't seem to care less. You had to return to the hotel before midnight otherwise it was locked up and you couldn't get back in, I don't think there was any member of staff in the hotel in case of emergencies.

We were told that breakfast was served between 8.30 and 9.30, so we had a little lie in and went downstairs at 9.20 only to find everything locked up. There was no member of staff around, no sign of the breakfast which we'd paid for, and nobody even to hand your room key into.

The whole experience of the hotel totally spoilt our weekend. We're not the type of people to complain but we've never ever been met before with such an utter shambles. The whole experience was riduculous. I phoned the mobile number in the morning to complain and ask for a refund, again no-one answered so I left a message, 4 days later no-one has called back. My husband is now taking this up with hotel.com who we booked through.

Room Tip: Which room to choose? None at all as you may not even make it into the hotel!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 August 2012

Staff were friendly and helpful, especially the gentleman who looked after our booking and breakfast. Breakfast was light, cereal and croissants. Hotel was in walking distance of Harrogate or you could catch a bus every fifteen minutes.
I priced a few hotels for future stays in the area only to find that they very expensive compared to the New Park Hotel.
The restaurant is well worth a visit as the food is exceptionally good.
Our room was basic and clean, after all, the room is only somewhere to sleep in and not live in.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2012

This HOTEL ??? really is a restaurant with rooms to let above it, it is situated on the corner of a busy roundabout and road, when we arrived we could not get in, a young man we happened to bump into whilst looking for the front entrance said someone was coming and that he worked there. I gave him my name and but he said he could not find our booking and stated that it was ok as they had a room we could use which surprised me as we booked it 3 days before arrival from a hotel booking website along with a confirmation email from the hotel booking website so expected our room to be there for us but the New Park Hotel staff said they did not receive the confirmation of our booking. Following this the member of staff showed us to a room which was basic with tea & coffee making facilities then he went on to tell us that our bathroom was separate from the bedroom!! which when I booked the room I had booked a double room with an ensuite shower, although it was a good sized bathroom there was no shower in this big bathroom!! In this day and age every hotel has a shower on their premises, the room was cold and the bathroom was warmer than the bedroom. In the evening I went downstairs to the bar to check when breakfast would be served in the morning, they did not seem to know what time and asked someone out the back in the restaurant and came back and informed us breakfast would be served between 8am and 10am. We got up early in the morning we wanted to get an early start to look around and explore Harrogate, we ran the bath but no hot water came out it was freezing cold, this was at 6.30 in the morning, we waited till later about 7.00 still not hot water, then 1/2 hour later still not hot water, we had to call the member of staff who was getting the breakfast ready, he came up and tested the water and could not understand why it had not gotten hot yet, he said that it was maybe on a timer and that it would come on soon, about 8.45 the hot water finally came though, when we finally had our bath after waiting such a long time for the hot water, we got ready to go downstairs, everything was locked up and the bar and breakfast room was closed!! We tried looking for the staff members no one was around in the end we had to go to the front of the hotel and we saw a message on the door stating if you needed the manager you had to call the mobile number, we called the number and he told us that breakfast finished at 9.am!! To top it all there was no one around to leave the key with as everything was locked up!! He then called one of his workers on the phone, the same one who had dealt with the breakfast who came around to let us in and for us to give them the key back it was despicable I asked for a refund for the way we were treated from start to finish and having no breakfast, he gave us part of the payment back, we would never go back there again, it is not a hotel it is a restaurant which is reflected in the opening times from 5.30pm which is the time they state that you can check in, there was no reception on the premises, as far as I know in any hotel there is always a reception area to meet and greet customers upon arrival and leaving, this had neither. So if you want to enjoy your stay in Harrogate, keep looking for somewhere better and give this place a wide berth.

Room Tip: No shower in the bathroom, this needs improving. Double check your booking direct with the New Park...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 July 2012

We booked this hotel as part of our visit to the Great Yorkshire Show. The room was clean & very well presented. Unfortunately the weather won & the show was cancelled. The staff have been extremely helpful, offering suggestion of othe places to visit, local bus services and self drive options.

Room Tip: Clean & friendly with the added bonus of an onsite Indian restaurant, all recently refurbished...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 June 2012

We have used the restaurant at the New Park on several occasions and have found it to be good value with excellent food, well presented. My only criticism is the televisions in the bar and in the restaurant. They are intrusive and spoil the ambience.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 April 2012

On arrival, we were a bit shocked with the look of this hotel. We walked in and it looked lovely but was all in darkness, then saw a lady sat in The corner in the dark. She walked us up to our room. The room was so cold it was nearly unbareable. This room was like it hadn't seen people in years, the toilet water had made a line around the toilet as it hadn't been flushed for so long. Shower nice, hot water, clean towels. Plug socket hanging off wall. Really comfy beds. Tv had no signal. Wouldn't pay £55 for this room like we did. Was up from 7am listening to the pipes making the loudest noise ever which was very annoying and went on for an hour or so.

• Stayed: April 2012