“A great find”

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“A great find”
Reviewed 30 August 2013

We came across this bar by chance just looking for a drink and something to eat on a Saturday afternoon, what a fantastic place, good beer, nice friendly atmosphere, good music and the sandwich with home cooked chips was one of the best I have had. I would have been happy to stay here all weekend and listen to the live music that evening, unfortunately my wife does not share my excellent taste in music! It has the same feel as some of the bars in lower east side New York without the tipping. A must visit for anyone visiting Harrogate, you will find it just down the hill from Betty`s Tea Rooms.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Kevin W

61 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“A great night out”
Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

Had a really great night enjoying some liquid refreshment and some solid musical entertainment. Sure it is like being a sardine in a can but that just helps the overall atmosphere which pumps. Going to Harrogate then you must check this place out. Reminded me of venues I was fortunate to play at myself.

1 Thank Blueroom1
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Want to go back for the music”
Reviewed 21 July 2013

I had 40 mins to kill before my train, and my CAMRA app told me this was the nearest decent real ale pub.

Loved it, wished I'd found it earlier in my stay in Harrogate so I could have enjoyed the music.

Very relaxed atmosphere; good beer; great service.

And the evening music looks brill; if I come back to Harrogate, I'll try it out.

Visited July 2013
Leeds, United Kingdom
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“Didn't want to leave”
Reviewed 22 June 2013 via mobile

Great small venue for music. We saw the New York Brass Band there who were brilliant. ( not from New York as it turns out!)
Friendly atmosphere, nice drinks.

Visited February 2013
Hampshire, United Kingdom
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 129 helpful votes
“Wow! Wow! and Wow! again.”
Reviewed 21 June 2013

We discovered this place whilst just taking a walk around the town and spent two hugely enjoyable nights here. The music was superb (especially Paul Middleton and his band) and the atmosphere fantastic. The place was packed with people of all ages. Excellent and friendly bar service. Can't wait to go back to Harrogate!

Visited June 2013