“Family film”
Review of Odeon Cinema

Odeon Cinema
Ranked #7 of 14 Fun & Games in Harrogate
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

I take the kids to the odeon kids club as it's only £2.50 each, witch I don't mind paying.
I also took my nice, she's 15 and we paid full price witch I think is to much for this odeon as it's to small and very outdated. One of the staff sat down in the cinema to watch the film and his radio kept going off. I eventually left but forgot his radio. I found the radio turned it off and handed it in at the end.
I was given a refund.

1  Thank Lewis1901

Reviewed 23 July 2014

We went here while staying in the area. an old fashioned building but still has a couple of modern screens with comfortable seats. There is ample parking outside but also a short walk to the train and bus station and also ideal near the town centre.
The usual health fayre to eat and drink that you would find in any modern cinema but what really set this apart was the staff. They seemed to care about their work and gave the impression that they actually liked working there. Very clean and cared for inside although old.
Good sound system.
Well worth a visit if you are in the area.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

You can bring your own food. Building v clean good deals on Wednesday and kids club. Staff very nice especially two of the girls didn't get their names! Parking free in tesco. Excellent 8 screen cinema!!!

2  Thank Jbrother1234
Reviewed 6 July 2014

This place has all that you need but it's really small and seriously need updating?? Quite shabby and very slow service.

1  Thank JaxB123
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My wife and I visited today to see the latest XMen film. On entering, the foyer was a bit cramped with some confusion over the queue for tickets and the one for getting in the particular screen. Obtained tickets easily and quickly. When the queue started to move in, staff checking tickets were very polite and helpful guiding us to the cinema. In the auditorium the seating is not very tiered so small people may have some difficulty seeing the screen. There are 'booster seats' which we tried but they were very uncomfortable. As the cinema was not full we could see OK from our seats and were fine. With more people in front of us we may have struggled. Cleanliness was OK but it is clear that this is older premises adapted for a modern age, not always with full success.