“Overpriced and squashed”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

First and last visit. This place is cramped, too many tables for the floor space in a tiny shop. One table squashed against the serving area where Crepes are cooked. When I left, the smell of oil and cooking went with me. All over my clothes and in my hair. No air, very steamed up and no air circulation. Worse because of space.
So Crepes, freshly made that's for sure. Service excellent. However, vastly overpriced in my opinion. One crepe with a few chocolate buttons and some Turkish delight flavour sauce to make a Turkish delight crepe. Over £5.00. Far too much, in my opinion. Drinks expensive. I realise this place has excellent reviews, however there. Is no other place like this in Harrogate. Perhaps if there were, they would need to reduce prices to affordable and invest in some air conditioning. Disappointed! .

1  Thank annie11
crepesadndcreams, Owner at Crepes & Creams, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Hello and thank you for your review.

I was made aware of your custom and that you seemed to be looking for reasons as to why we were no. 1 on Trip Advisor!

I would like to point out that the price of a turkish delight crepe is indeed £4 and not the £5 you stated. The only reason yours was more is because you added extras onto your crepe which is at an additional cost, clearly stated on our menu.

We place a table by the crepe machine area as we have many families that like to sit right next to the machines to watch the crepes being made - especially children love to watch!

Our prices are as competitive as I can be based on the fact that I use top quality ingredients in everything and will never compromise on that!

Thanks again

Best wishes

Sam

Reviewed 15 March 2014

Lovely fresh made to order crepes
We always get Nutella with icecream
I got a raspberry ice cream one
Yum yum
Some unusual yummy ice cream options

Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

Saw the reviews for this little creperie on trip advisor and decided to take a trip one morning with my mom for breakfast while visiting Harrogate. Was greeted by a lovely older woman (assumed the owner) who brought us menus and took our drink orders. Although smaller in size, this place delivers big on the crepes. With a large assortment of both sweet and savory choices, ice creams, smoothies, and beverages, crepes&creams definitely exceeded my mother and I's expectations. All breakfast crepes come with a free apple/orange juice, tea, or americano coffee before noon. Is affordable and worth the walk. Am hoping to visit again before I leave!

Reviewed 13 March 2014

very friendly staff, really like its a family business with mum and daughter serving with the other staff. Go at least once a month and they know exactly what i order. great hot chocolate with all the trimmings and the sweet crepes are awesome. very clean . highly recommended

Reviewed 12 March 2014

Super food and super service, could not have been better with so much to choose from it is great for fussy easters aswell