“Lovely friendly guest house”
Review of Arden House

Arden House
Ranked #3 of 83 Harrogate B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 December 2012

Arrived on a cold frosty day to a lovely warm welcome, we were shown to our room, which had a for poster bed. The room was lovely and clean with an ensuite shower room. The shower room was small but fine, the shower was excellent. We left to explore harrogate which was literally 5 minutes away until the start of the Christmas lights. We stayed out all day returning at 9.30, we relaxed in our room making use of the tea and coffee making facilities. Next morning we enjoyed the breakfast in the dining room, there was a great selection including cooked to order full English if wanted. I'd book this guest house again when I revisit Harrogate.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 December 2012

Had a great stay at Arden House hotel, very convenient for the town centre and more importantly for us, the conference centre.
Rooms were very comfortable with good provision of Tea, coffee, hot chocolate(always a bonus) and biscuits! Free wifi with good service.
There is also a reasonably priced lounge bar ideal for pre- dinner drinks.
The staff were very helpful and approachable and provided an excellent breakfast, with plenty of choice.
Only minor negative point the en- suite was a little compact but was adequate for our needs!

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed 15 November 2012

I booked this through hotwire, so was a little surprised at this B&B was sold as a hotel. Having said that, for the price I paid, I felt I got good value. The room was very small and was only a single, I struggled to hang clothes in the wardrobe and there was limited space for my luggage but I had everything I needed. There was tea and coffee, the bedding was good and wifi was provided. The breakfast was tasty and I was able to park, although I seemed to get the last spot on the road when I came back a little late. The location is very convenient being only a short distance from Harrogate town centre. Given the price I think I got great value. If I would have paid more I might have been disappointed. It is really a B&B, not a hotel. The staff and / or owners are friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 November 2012

Me and my husband went for a weekend break, we arrived to a warm welcome, room was spotless clean,spacious and homely. En suite is not huge but has everything you would need,clean towels daily along with top ups of coffee, tea, biscuits etc.
Food- excellent, good portions. Bev(owner)was lovely, nothing was too much for her.
The hotel is situated about one minutes walk from the town,very handy for local amenities,restaurants etc.
Very enjoyable stay would return without a doubt!

Room Tip: room 9 on the front, but very quiet street so nothing to bother you.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 November 2012

Stayed two nights at Arden House. Lovely staff, very polite and welcoming. Comfy bed, delicious breakfast. Honesty bar good idea, reasonable prices. Short stroll into the centre of town and ample parking. In short, everything you need for a pleasant stay!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 November 2012

my husband treated me to a surprise break this weekend, firstly staying in Harrogate then to Wetherby races. We have stayed at the Arden previously and once again not disappointed, our room was number 10 with the 4 poster bed and it was beautiful, fantastic nights sleep, very good choice for breakfast and the honesty bar was well stocked up. Thanks for the hospitality Bev, will definately return.

Room Tip: well worth the stay at the Arden especially number 10
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 October 2012

I booked three nights stay at the Arden House, after reading the reviews here on Trip Advisor.

I was away on business and had booked a single room here through Beverley, which included a full English breakfast.

Beverley was brilliant from the moment I booked............reassuring me of a very pleasant stay.......to phoning me whilst I was on my way there, to check that I was alright and to ask what time I would be arriving...........to waiting for me on my arrival after directing me there on phone (lol)... to then passing me my keys, giving me parking permit passes for each day to put on the windscreen , followed by showing me to my room, and then giving me a leaflet showing a plan of Harrogate with various vouchers to use...........nothing was too much trouble.

The room was a single, with a small wardrobe and drawers.....tea/coffee making facilities......a nice size bathroom with bath and shower....and had a tv on the wall..

The bed was a single pine bed with slats, and it was a lot more comfortable than I thought it was going to be.....hence I nearly missed breakfast one day!!lol..

The breakfast was superb...........I went into the dining room and everything you wanted was there............. Cereals..............juices..........yogurts etc.. etc..... And then Beverley was there to welcome me and everyone else.......with a "good morning" and a lovely smile............followed by "what can I get you "?

There was something for everyone.............the full English breakfast won me over each day, with tea/coffee, then plenty of toast..... I went for what I called the " Olympic" breakfast on day one... Fried egg, beaked beans, mushrooms, bacon, sausage, fried bread, tomato, and I was popping.........well and truly..........so the next two days it was above but with no fried bread or tomato for me.

But there were many things that you could choose from:- Like scrambled egg and smoked salmon...to a beans on toast or poached egg on toast and other choices....

And the location to the Conference center is excellent.............just five mins away (if that)...........

So all in all would I recommend the Arden House to you? Yes most definately!

Well done Beverley and the lady in the kitchen(sorry I don't know your name) who prepared the excellent food for everyone each morning.

MANCHESTER-GOLFER