“brilliant stay”
Review of Arden House

Arden House
Ranked #3 of 83 Harrogate B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 December 2012

lovely stay, came to harrogate for christmas fair at the conference centre, which was a five minute walk away. mum and myself were thrilled we had found such a great place to stop, room was spotlessly clean, toiletries and coffee/tea provided. breakfast was amazing, just what we needed before a days shopping, the evening before we were advised on nice restaurants close by, which we thoroughly enjoyed. All in all can t wait to go back to Harrogate so we can stop again.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
HarrogateTraveller, Owner at Arden House, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2012

We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again in 2013. I would also like to take this opportunity to wish all our guests A Very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Beverley

Reviewed 14 December 2012

Arrived on a cold frosty day to a lovely warm welcome, we were shown to our room, which had a for poster bed. The room was lovely and clean with an ensuite shower room. The shower room was small but fine, the shower was excellent. We left to explore harrogate which was literally 5 minutes away until the start of the Christmas lights. We stayed out all day returning at 9.30, we relaxed in our room making use of the tea and coffee making facilities. Next morning we enjoyed the breakfast in the dining room, there was a great selection including cooked to order full English if wanted. I'd book this guest house again when I revisit Harrogate.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 December 2012

Had a great stay at Arden House hotel, very convenient for the town centre and more importantly for us, the conference centre.
Rooms were very comfortable with good provision of Tea, coffee, hot chocolate(always a bonus) and biscuits! Free wifi with good service.
There is also a reasonably priced lounge bar ideal for pre- dinner drinks.
The staff were very helpful and approachable and provided an excellent breakfast, with plenty of choice.
Only minor negative point the en- suite was a little compact but was adequate for our needs!

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed 15 November 2012

I booked this through hotwire, so was a little surprised at this B&B was sold as a hotel. Having said that, for the price I paid, I felt I got good value. The room was very small and was only a single, I struggled to hang clothes in the wardrobe and there was limited space for my luggage but I had everything I needed. There was tea and coffee, the bedding was good and wifi was provided. The breakfast was tasty and I was able to park, although I seemed to get the last spot on the road when I came back a little late. The location is very convenient being only a short distance from Harrogate town centre. Given the price I think I got great value. If I would have paid more I might have been disappointed. It is really a B&B, not a hotel. The staff and / or owners are friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 November 2012

Me and my husband went for a weekend break, we arrived to a warm welcome, room was spotless clean,spacious and homely. En suite is not huge but has everything you would need,clean towels daily along with top ups of coffee, tea, biscuits etc.
Food- excellent, good portions. Bev(owner)was lovely, nothing was too much for her.
The hotel is situated about one minutes walk from the town,very handy for local amenities,restaurants etc.
Very enjoyable stay would return without a doubt!

Room Tip: room 9 on the front, but very quiet street so nothing to bother you.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 November 2012

Stayed two nights at Arden House. Lovely staff, very polite and welcoming. Comfy bed, delicious breakfast. Honesty bar good idea, reasonable prices. Short stroll into the centre of town and ample parking. In short, everything you need for a pleasant stay!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 November 2012

my husband treated me to a surprise break this weekend, firstly staying in Harrogate then to Wetherby races. We have stayed at the Arden previously and once again not disappointed, our room was number 10 with the 4 poster bed and it was beautiful, fantastic nights sleep, very good choice for breakfast and the honesty bar was well stocked up. Thanks for the hospitality Bev, will definately return.

Room Tip: well worth the stay at the Arden especially number 10
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple