“Delightful”

Ranked #23 of 99 Harrogate B&B and Inns
Lancaster, United Kingdom
“Delightful”
Reviewed 12 June 2012

My wife and I had a lovely visit to Wynnstay House. The en-suite bedroom was fresh, spacious, and attractively presented, and the breakfast was delicious. Our hosts Andy and Tracey were really friendly, offering great service throughout our stay, and on-street parking was no problem. The B &B is less than 5 minutes walk from the conference centre, yet the street is leafy and quiet, leading to a great night's sleep! We definitely intend to return in future years - it comes highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Manchester, UK
Reviewed 10 June 2012

I stayed here whilst on a course at the hospital (approx 30mins walk away) and was really impressed. Because I was arriving early the owner arranged to leave me a parking permit so I could leave my car during the day before I checked in in the evening. Harrogate town centre is just a short 10-15min walk and very pleasant.

The kerb appeal of the B&B is impressive - a gorgeous period property. When I arrived in the evening the welcome was warm, and my room was beautiful (I'm going to steal some of the design ideas for my own house!). The ensuite bathroom was clean and large. The bed was comfy and the room really felt cosy. Unfortunately I wasn't feeling up to the full English breakfast but it looked lovely.

If anything I was disappointed I couldn't spend more time there! I would definitely return if I was coming to Harrogate again and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to friends or family. Very good value and no complaints whatsoever!

Room Tip: I had the red room on the 2nd floor and would highly recommend it.
Newcastle/Liverpool, England
Reviewed 8 June 2012

A double-fronted stone-built Edwardian or Victorian villa with a flowery garden welcomes you. Within a minute of ringing the bell to enter, we were greeted by the lady co-owner (Tracey) who showed us to the room we'd booked for 2 nights.
The room was furnished in a period style and was clean and cosy. The ensuite shower/toilet was bright white and spotless. Everything worked: no fused bulbs or broken locks, and the double glazed window could be opened to provide ventilation (or in our case to put our wine on the rooftop outside to cool).That evening we had a fab meal at Orchid.
Breakfast next morning was comprehensive, tasty and quickly served in the Kenilworth Room on the ground floor. There was a lot of choice, my wife chose corflakes followed by haddock with poached eggs, I had homemade muesli with the cooked Yorkshire breakfast next.
The hotel is a 5 minute walk from the conference centre, and 2 mins further is the start of main shopping streets, so an easy stroll to town.
After shopping and doing touristy things all day we planned to go to b.e.d. restaurant and we had printed out a voucher for a discount. We'd left the voucher so asked if the owner could print us another. Even though we'd interurupted their family meal they did so with a smile. Very good meal, then a 5 minute walk back. Each room has a small tin filled with different tea, coffee, sugar, sweetener and milk sachets. The bed was comfortable with a quality down-filled duvet and pillows.
Our last breakfast was melon and raspberries then cheese omelette for my wife and I went for the delicious muesli again followed by sausage, bacon and egg. They deserve the plaudits for the quality of their breakfasts!
Tip: if you struggle with stairs you'd need a ground-floor room.
The only way it could be improved would be by having a quiet radio programme on in the background at breakfast, to make things a little more relaxed. Other than that, this is a seriously good place to stay.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are the quietest.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CliffMarsden
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 May 2012

I have just returned from my 5th or 6th business visit to Harrogate – and again stayed at Wynnstay House. Why? Because it is like ‘returning home’ each time; fantastic hosts, great service (breakfasts to die for!!) & house and a lovely room. In a lovely part of town, minutes from the centre, shops and conference centre ... but quite, leafy and green. I would defy anyone not to return to this B&B if they visit once.

1 Thank Tim S
England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 May 2012

The b and b was full so we stayed here with our son. It's a small terrace house pleasantly furnished with a well equipped dining kitchen at the back and small but comfy lounge at the front. There are steep stairs to two double/ twin rooms with the bathroom downstairs behind the kitchen.
We were left the makings of a lovely breakfast including bread, butter, homemade yogurt, granola, milk and orange juice as well as the usual tea and coffee. So helpful as we had to travel up late after work - enough to keep us in breakfast all weekend as well- no half measures here. As with the b and b, there was good linen, hot water and everything was spotless. Really handy for town - easy enough to walk in. Parking free and we managed to find a space outside the house although it does get busy in the evenings as with all the terrace streets around Harrogate. Booking and key collection stress free - all credit to the owners who provide a faultless service.

• Stayed May 2012
2 Thank horacesmum
The Lakes
Reviewed 29 May 2012

Attentive hosts, great breakfasts and a comfortable bedroom make this one of the best B&Bs we have ever stayed in. If you need somewhere for a couple of days in Harrogate then look no further. The free parking and wi-fi were the icing on the cake.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NowtFancy
South Wales U.K.
Reviewed 20 May 2012

A great advert for how a British B&B should be - warm homely welcome, tastefully furnished, a really good nights sleep and then a really tasty beakfast with some less common menu options.