“Refreshing Change - Go on try it.”
Review of Jaipur Spice - CLOSED

Jaipur Spice
Price range: US$13 - US$26
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Harrogate, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Refreshing Change - Go on try it.”
Reviewed 11 February 2012

Four of us went to the Jaipur Friday 10th Feb. We were welcomed by Abu and the team who were smartly dressed and chose were we wanted to sit, not instructed (first good move Abu) the staff are well informed about the menu and happy to interact as much as you want them to, we took so long to choose as we were all talking and catching up but again this was no problem. The menu is extensive with some very different dishes and we all enjoyed the experience. It is rather bright but at least you can see what you are eating, the decor is fresh and clean. We will be returning but this time as friends, a very good find and we recomend it.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank 156Chris04

Harrogate, United Kingdom
“Pleasantly Impressed”
Reviewed 8 February 2012

The kids accompanied my husband and I to the Jaipur Spice. We don't tend to eat much Indian food when we go out because we eat enough of it at home and we can taste the difference. However, we were pleasantly surprised. The food was cooked to order and tasted very good. The deco wasn't typical either infact very contemporary. All in all a very good night.
Thank you Mr Malik for the invite, we will be back and wish you every success with the business in Harrogate.

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank Tabs K
Harrogate
“A good all rounder that does what it says on the tin!”
Reviewed 7 February 2012

Back in January a large number of my friends and family all ate 'en masse' at Jaipur Spice, Harrogate and ALL of us thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Considering the amount of US, the staff were friendly, professional and calm, the food was hot and tasty and over all there was a great atmosphere in the restaurant. We all loved the clean, contemporary look and feel of the restaurant and it's nice to have a proper Indian restaurant in Harrogate that does what it says on the tin. No it's not Michelin Star - but hey - who wants to pay Michelin Star prices. Good Value, Good food, good service....the 2 people that have posted bad reviews clearly just enjoy moaning professionally! WE ALL LOVED IT - and have gone back several times since!!

• Visited January 2012
“fantastic food”
Reviewed 6 February 2012

since the rajput closed down there has not been a half decent indian in harrogate. The jaipur spice most definately is close enough to the famous rajput.

Enjoyed the sizzling cocktail starter, would recommend it! The only downside was there was too much for a starter but im sure majority would prefer that.
A very extensive menu!
The agni korai(brandy curry) and the chana massala which consists of chick peas were delicous.
It was a lovely night until we got interupted by a gentleman bullying the young waiter over the food which we thought was great! He even got his half portion as requested. Mr howardw i believe it was, to get a laptop out in the restaurant and put a bad review up in front of evry one was just spiteful.
Service and food was very good,way above average.

Would reccomend it and look forward to returning on the weekend

UK
“Pickles and pickle tray condiments stored in the corridor on the way to the toilet”
Reviewed 6 February 2012

So the title says a lot really. I spotted it after I had been to the toilet. The relishes were in sealed containers but the onion chutney was open to all with a spoon left in there. You can imagine what some people who are drunk could get up to on their way to & from the toilet.

Instant downgrade on the rating because no matter what anything else was like this is surely a hygiene issue. I just wish I had spotted this at the start of the meal rather than afterwards.

The pickles and poppadums were OK, nothing special and a bit runny.

Of the starters my wife had onion bhajis and I had a mixed kebab. The bhajis were very nice, not too soggy as some places seem to serve them up. The meat part of my starter was OK, just a little bland.

For the mains my wife had a chicken korma which was as you would expect and she said it was OK. I had a spicy lamb dish but to be honest found it rather bland and very chewy, it was nice enough but nothing special.

We both had a mushroom pilau and this was a decent dish with plenty of mushroom.
The naans were a nice size and doughy too although the cheese hadn't melted properly on the cheese one but was still nice enough.

Overall the food is nice but as I mentioned above it is also rather bland and I wouldn't be in a hurry to go back but obviously seeing where they store the pickles etc then there is no chance of us returning anyway. If they store the pickles like that then what else is going on?

To be fair the staff are pretty good, very friendly and I have no issues with them at all.

They asked us to leave a review if we enjoyed it, well I would like to leave a review whether I enjoyed it or not. Without the hygiene concern I would've rated them at 3 stars.

Oh and I should have looked at scoresonthedoors first rather than as I have just done.

Nuff said.