“Sadly, not what it was”
Review of Cheung Won

Cheung Won
Ranked #118 of 403 Restaurants in Harrogate
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 25 February 2017

We used to visit this restaurant very frequently, most Saturday lunchtimes and one evening per month. The staff couldn't do enough for you, nothing was too much trouble. The food was always very tasty and fresh with a good choice. We hadn't been for a few weeks but it was coming up to my son's birthday and decided to book the round table in the window for the six of us, this was his favourite place to eat (and ours.)
When we arrived, we saw that there was a family on the table, we thought perhaps that they were leaving soon but they had menus in their hands. We noticed that all the staff had changed too. I approached one of the staff and explained that we were the family who had booked that table. We were offered no apology and were told "you'll just have to take that table," as she pointed to another. My son was really disappointed and asked where all the nice ladies had gone.
We didn't go back again for a long time as we had been so disappointed by the attitude of the staff.
We have returned one more time since, but the service isn't what it used to be and we noticed that a lot of the dishes are now quite similar to each other, curries, satays and everything in black bean.
So I don't think we'll be returning anytime soon...such a shame as we used to recommend it to all our customers.

Reviewed 27 January 2017 via mobile

I had been going to this Chinese buffet restaurant regularly for years and had always said that no other Chinese could beat it however due to moving I hadn't been here since June/July 2016 and I can't believe how awful it was. The majority of food appeared to have been left out for ages or re-cooked. As it is a buffet Style restaurant i like to try small portions of practically everything, it was all tasteless, looked terrible and was luke warm. Unfortunately I will not be going here again.

2  Thank achady29
Reviewed 16 January 2017

First ever visit to Harrogate and went for a meal at the Cheung Won. This is a Buffet style restaurant with a set price.
We visited on a Saturday evening costing £12.95 each for the buffet.
Both myself and my wife enjoyed the selection of food available. All the food seemed of a good quality.
Drinks also available to order.

1  Thank Keith E
Reviewed 4 December 2016 via mobile

Early Saturday dinner...food was hot and seemed fresh. Staff really attentive, enough choice although not masses.
No complaints at all...

1  Thank AlexisJA1983
Reviewed 27 November 2016

Counted 45 dishes excluding the sushi and deserts. Amazing choice, something for everyone. I went back three times and still didn't manage to try everything! Pleasant staff. Nice selection of draught beers. Excellent value for money. We will definitely return.

1  Thank Lynne B