“Gorgeous boutique hotel”

Ranked #5 of 99 Harrogate B&B and Inns
Chester, United Kingdom
“Gorgeous boutique hotel”
Reviewed 22 January 2014 via mobile

Top standard, large rooms, very clean, warm, comfy beds and a fantastic breakfast. Walking distance from shops, bars and restaurants. Clase to theatre and many cafes.
Friendly staff and good parking availibility

Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Towcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

Good location - close to town. Room was great (7) large comfy bed, front of the building but so quiet at night. En suite was good although pressure on the shower could have been better, but it did not detract from the experience.
Breakfast was just perfect - i would highly recommend and will be back when next in the area.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Cleckheaton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 January 2014

I had read the reviews on the Grafton as well as many more, I ended up chosing this one cos it sounded lovely. Well it was everything I expected and more. The place was spotlessly clean, it felt as though we were the first to stay there ever, everything smelt and looked brand new. Absolutely no noise from other rooms, I thought we were there alone until I saw someone come out of the next door in the morning, just hope their walls was as sound proof as ours, we were there on a girly visit and we got a little giddy but had no complaints so hopefully it was just the case that it was sound proofed really well. Really could not fault this b&b, feel bad even calling it that cos it felt like a luxury hotel. I'm sat at home now thinking I want my well designed imaculatly clean room back lol. I could write just as much about the breakfast, I had 5 mins to get down for it as I woke up late and in most places you would be made to feel bad and rushed but I didn't at all, felt like I was sat in my mums dining room waiting for my breakfast which was gorgeous I might add, only one problem, far too much to choose from lol. I will defo be back (hopefully at least once a month) I have never wrote a review but have always read other peoples but I really felt strongly about writing this one, I do worry too cos these good reviews will make the hotel busier which might in time drive the cost up which is perfect for me as it is haha (please don't do this) congratulations to all at the Grafton, keep up the good work xx

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Emlouheaney
uk
Reviewed 31 December 2013

We stayed here during a large "exhibition" week-end in Harrogate. I had a very courteous welcome on the phone as I changed our arrival time which was "no problem" and they offered to hold our cases in our room in case it was not ready in time. Despite our earlier than planned arrival, the room was ready and we moved in. We had chosen the slightly smaller ground floor room, No17 I think, as my wife is not too good on a lot of stairs. The room was immaculate with all the bits and pieces you need for a relaxing stay; the loo/shower room was compact but perfectly adequate. Breakfast was first class: freshly squeezed orange juice and date cake being notable bonuses to the normal fare; the cooked options were very good and all served by a friendly efficient young woman. It is a bit pricier than some of the options we have previously used nearby but on this showing well worth it.

Room Tip: If you don't like stairs, the ground floor room is a bit smaller but perfectly adequate.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 December 2013

A very nice, well decorated boutique hotel close to the centre of Harrogate. A short walk into the town centre. Car parking was outside on the road and a parking pass was supplied by the hotel to cover us until free parking began. It was so quiet we thought we were the only people staying. Our room was large and spacious with a very comfortable large bed, ensuite bathroom with a walk in shower complete with towelling robes. Breakfast was very tasty with plenty of choice.
We shall be returning and would recommend it.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

An elegant small boutique hotel. Cleverly & tastefully decorated with extravagant soft furnishings. We stayed in Room 16.

Breakfast was delicious with ample choice to suit all tastes. Hubby had a full English and commented on superb bacon and sausage.

Would certainly stay again.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed with friends for a two night stay. The rooms were extremely spacious and comfortable. The drinks were replenished every day. Breakfast was delicious and fleshly made to suit your requirements. First class service

• Stayed November 2013