“Very friendy immaculately clean and very comfortable”
Review of The Grafton

The Grafton
Ranked #7 of 83 Harrogate B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Stayed here on Saturday 1st February and a really enjoyable hotel. Ran by a husband and wife team. Bedroom was very comfortable especially the bed. Shower a proper power affair. They have a small bar with really smart big sofas, we had a couple of drinks after afternoon shopping then again after we had eaten out on the evening. Highly recommended........

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 3 February 2014

Having selecting the Grafton from the many on the internet we where not disappointed, we chose it because of the convenience to the city centre and restaurants. We found the rooms clean, warm, and well decorated to a high standard, the on suite again had been done to a high standard and the shower was excellent. With regard to the breakfast we found it more than enough with regard to both choice and amount and well cooked and presented. We would certainly stay there again..

Room Tip: Chose a superior room
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 January 2014 via mobile

My husband and i decided very last minute to have a night away, just us no kids. We didnt want to go to far from home nor break the bank. I myself have been to Harrogate many times and decided that was our location. After searching trip advisor we came across a handfull of bnb/hotels that fitted the bill And The Grafton was the one that we thought out weighed the others. I had read many reviews.
I rang on the saturday and booked over the phone and was offered a last minute deal. We arrived this tuesday about lunch time and although i believe the lady said check in was 3pm, our room was ready when we arrived. Perfect!!. Was very clean. Very nicely decorated and furnished. Was more than happy with the ensuit. The finishing touches in the room/ensuit was done to a high standard. Facilities to make hot drinks. Enough room and storage for belongings. Towels were provided.
10mins walk, if that, from the center. We parked right outside the bnb and was given a pass to park on arrival and even offered another for the next day if we so wished to leave the car there after checking out. The bnb as a whole is decorated very well.
Breakfast was brilliant. Dinning room very bright and spacious. There were pastries, cereal , freshley squeezed juice, fresh fruit with yogurts to choose from then a cooked breakfast on request. Stuffed and satisfied for a day out in harrogate. Will definately stay here again. Thank you.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 January 2014

The grafton is a nice B and B the room was nice just a bit on the small side and one of our bottles of water had been opened and half drank.the bed was very comfy and everything you need is available in the room.its in about 10-15 min walking distance to the town centre.the breakfast was lovely but a bit on the small side I don't think we would stay again and I'm not sure the 250 quid we paid for two nights was worth the money, also the internet is really slow it's not super fast as advertised no where near.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank donnamorr
GraftonHarrogate, Manager at The Grafton, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and pleased to hear you found the Grafton a "nice B&B". On the points you raised we are puzzled how you can describe the superior double bedroom as slightly on the small size, when many of our previous guests have commented on how large it is. We apologise for missing the opened bottled water and will endeavour to ensure this doesn't happen again. Please remember we would be more than happy to replace it at the time. Our wi-fi is normally high speed, and will look into why this wasn't the case for you.

Reviewed 22 January 2014 via mobile

Top standard, large rooms, very clean, warm, comfy beds and a fantastic breakfast. Walking distance from shops, bars and restaurants. Clase to theatre and many cafes.
Friendly staff and good parking availibility

Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 January 2014

Good location - close to town. Room was great (7) large comfy bed, front of the building but so quiet at night. En suite was good although pressure on the shower could have been better, but it did not detract from the experience.
Breakfast was just perfect - i would highly recommend and will be back when next in the area.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 January 2014

I had read the reviews on the Grafton as well as many more, I ended up chosing this one cos it sounded lovely. Well it was everything I expected and more. The place was spotlessly clean, it felt as though we were the first to stay there ever, everything smelt and looked brand new. Absolutely no noise from other rooms, I thought we were there alone until I saw someone come out of the next door in the morning, just hope their walls was as sound proof as ours, we were there on a girly visit and we got a little giddy but had no complaints so hopefully it was just the case that it was sound proofed really well. Really could not fault this b&b, feel bad even calling it that cos it felt like a luxury hotel. I'm sat at home now thinking I want my well designed imaculatly clean room back lol. I could write just as much about the breakfast, I had 5 mins to get down for it as I woke up late and in most places you would be made to feel bad and rushed but I didn't at all, felt like I was sat in my mums dining room waiting for my breakfast which was gorgeous I might add, only one problem, far too much to choose from lol. I will defo be back (hopefully at least once a month) I have never wrote a review but have always read other peoples but I really felt strongly about writing this one, I do worry too cos these good reviews will make the hotel busier which might in time drive the cost up which is perfect for me as it is haha (please don't do this) congratulations to all at the Grafton, keep up the good work xx

• Stayed: January 2014