we have returned to the Yorkshire for a second time. last time we had a lovely spacious room overlooking the front and had got a good deal. this weekend we paid a little more and i booked our friends in for the saturday night too and they paid £110 for room only which wasnt value for money. we changed rooms 3 times as we were initially allocated twin rooms at the rear. one in particuar had black mold all ove the bathroom ceiling. the staff did change our room with no problem and we stayed in room 212 in the centre of the hotel. the plumbing which was the same as i have seen in caravans like saniflow which made a horrendous noise as did all the adjacent rooms. it woke me all through the night which takes some doing as i am a heavy sleeper and it did spoil our stay. the bathroom while large was so dark i had to keep bringing my toilet bag out to the bedroom window to se anything. the soap dispenser fell off in the bath everytime you used it and the towel rail fell off all the time which, this makes you start looking at every detail in the rooms and realising it is a slap dash refurb with lots of corners missed and no attendtion to detail. . i agree with other reviews it was very noisy on the floorboards and as a couple who normally never bother about hotels with pub/nightclub noise etc...and sleep like logs we were disturbed everynight with the plumbing and floorboard noise. the staff were all lovely and it is a perfect location which is definately the hottels main feature. car parking is limited but you are made aware of that in the hotels details and if you are prepared to walk bit there is plenty of parking 10mins walk away. after our last visit we were keen to rebook but i felt embarrased about booking our friends in at such cost and the rooms varying so much in standard. i am not sure i would be so keen to go back now as the plumbing was so bad and if we had one of the unrefurbished rooms it is a gamble i am not sure we would take as there are lots of other central hotels. if the rooms were pulled up to scratch and they didnt book out some of the poor rooms and sort the plumbing out it could be a cracker!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Yorkshire is perfectly situated in the heart of Harrogate, with everything you need being within walking distance, opposite Bettys Cafe Tea Rooms. Harrogate train station,and the Internatioanl centre is an easy three minute walk away making the hotel an ideal venue for events held at the HIC.The hotel’s Hg1 Brasserie & Bar, has a high street style and is very popular with both our guests and the local residents of Harrogate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Superbreak UK so you can book your The Yorkshire Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Yorkshire Hotel Harrogate
- The Yorkshire Hotel Harrogate