This is our second stay at The Yorkshire and I must say I am struggling to see why some people give it such bad reviews. Unless of course they are expecting 5 star accommodation, in which case they should read more closely as it's a 3 star hotel.
But star rating aside, we have enjoyed both our stays here. The staff are polite and attentive, both on the reception desk and in the restaurant and they make the effort. As an example, the parking seems to be an issue at the Yorkshire and as there was a wedding on, there were no spaces when we arrived to check in. However the receptionist immediately pointed out where the nearest multi-story carpark was and also helpfully pointed out that as it was a Saturday, from 6pm we could park in a pay and display space for free until the end of Sunday. Armed with this knowledge, we ended up being able to park right outside the hotel anyway.
Once in our room, a front facing one as requested, we found it clean, functional with no problems at all. Yes it was relatively small, but there were only two of us and how much time do you actually plan on spending inside the room? The bed was comfy, the hot water was hot and the thick curtains did a good job of keeping the strong sunlight out the following morning.
Breakfast the following morning was perfectly fine. Everything that should have been hot, was hot and vice versa. The staff where pleasant and polite and the restaurant itself was a nice place to relax and eat.
As for value, we booked via laterooms.com and got the room with evening meal and breakfast included for just short of £80. At that price it was exceptional value.
If you are looking for a pleasant hotel, right in the center of Harrogate with great views from the front facing rooms, you could do a lot worse than the Yorkshire. Get one of their special deals and it's a real bargain too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Yorkshire is perfectly situated in the heart of Harrogate, with everything you need being within walking distance, opposite Bettys Cafe Tea Rooms. Harrogate train station,and the Internatioanl centre is an easy three minute walk away making the hotel an ideal venue for events held at the HIC.The hotel’s Hg1 Brasserie & Bar, has a high street style and is very popular with both our guests and the local residents of Harrogate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Superbreak UK, Priceline, HotelsClick, Agoda and Ebookers so you can book your The Yorkshire Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Yorkshire Hotel Harrogate
- The Yorkshire Hotel Harrogate