We have just returned from a one night stay at the Yorkshire Hotel in Harrogate. Four of us had double rooms which were very spacious and well decorated. The Christmas decorations which we could see from our rooms at the front of the hotel were amazing and really added to the atmosphere. The Hotel is so central and after arriving before check in, the staff provided us with a parking permit meaning that we didnt have to pay for parking. This helped us, as the streets were busy with cars full of shoppers. After leaving the car safely parked, we made our way to Betty's tea rooms for our brunch. The tea rooms are literally a two minute walk from the hotel, which again was very convenient. After refreshments we started our shopping, and everything was so close to the hotel. This meant that we could return items as we bagged the gorgeous gifts for family and friends. When we did eventually check in late afternoon, the hotel reception staff were brilliant. We found our rooms on the second floor, and they were warm and friendly. At night, we decided to eat in the snack area (as we were still full from Betty's) and again the bar staff were brilliant. The waited on our table, and nothing was too much trouble. We ate, had a few wines, and a warming coffee with tia maria before returning to our rooms. It was a blustery night, and despite hearing the wind, the room remained warm. Breakfast was a pleasure. The room was warm, and nicely decorated for christmas. Again the staff couldnt have been more helpful, even though it was busy, they were very tentative. The food was plentiful, and lots on offer, from fruit and cereal to the full english to get us started. Indeed this set us up for our next leg of the journey, Leeds. It was only a half hour trip to Harvey Nic's and we were still full from breakfast well into the afternoon. A lovely weekend enjoyed by all, and we would definately recommend The Yorkshire Hotel and we are already planning the next trip. Harrogate is a lovely place, and the Yorkshire Hotel is a great compliment to the local history and setting.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Yorkshire is perfectly situated in the heart of Harrogate, with everything you need being within walking distance, opposite Bettys Cafe Tea Rooms. Harrogate train station,and the Internatioanl centre is an easy three minute walk away making the hotel an ideal venue for events held at the HIC.The hotel’s Hg1 Brasserie & Bar, has a high street style and is very popular with both our guests and the local residents of Harrogate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Superbreak UK, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, LateRooms, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Yorkshire Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Yorkshire Hotel Harrogate
- The Yorkshire Hotel Harrogate