This was my first stay at the Yorkshire Hotel and I will return again. Prior to booking and staying here I took the opportunity to read some other reviews here and I agree that the hotel may look like it is ageing, but nonetheless it is clean, tidy with pleasant and friendly staff.Parking is a gamble as there are limited parking spaces available to the hotel, which are located at the front. There are meter car parking bays on the main road.
Check-in was quick and easy and we occupied a family room on the 5th floor. The room was clean and tidy and there was a separate room with a converted sofa bed for our daughter. Free WiFi and easy to use TVs were welcomed. The down side to the room was it being very dark. The room didn't have any ceiling lamps in the bedroom area and the bed side lamps in the headboard didn't provide sufficient lighting to use the dress mirror located on the opposite wall. Drink making facilities were provided in the rooms but there was only enough to make a single cup of tea. However, reception were helpful enough and provided some more when we asked. For a family room it would be a 'nice touch' to add some drinking chocolate for the kids - but don't let that deter you from staying and it is only a minor point.
The impromptu fire alarm sounding at 7.15 ensured that we were not late for breakfast and gave us a chance to stretch our legs, walking down 5 floors to reception. The breakfast was excellent, offering plenty of choice such as; fruit, yoghurts, cereals and a full English provided on a self-service hotplate, together with choices of fruit juices, tea, coffee and toast.
With check-out being extended until 11am, it gave us with the chance to look around the variety shops on the doorstep, before loading up the car.
All in all, my family regarded the Yorkshire Hotel as a good place to stay with the rates we were offered and see no reason to stay there again in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Yorkshire is perfectly situated in the heart of Harrogate, with everything you need being within walking distance, opposite Bettys Cafe Tea Rooms. Harrogate train station,and the Internatioanl centre is an easy three minute walk away making the hotel an ideal venue for events held at the HIC.The hotel’s Hg1 Brasserie & Bar, has a high street style and is very popular with both our guests and the local residents of Harrogate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, LateRooms, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Yorkshire Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Yorkshire Hotel Harrogate
- The Yorkshire Hotel Harrogate