“Great location good value but basic”

The Yorkshire Hotel
Ranked #19 of 30 Hotels in Harrogate
derbyshire
“Great location good value but basic”
Reviewed 12 November 2012

location excellent, almost opposite Betty's, staff friendly, we were on third floor , corridor carpet smelt musty and room could have done with a lick of paint, but we used Boots vouchers and cost was low . On a plus bed really comfortable , shower really hot, if you are planning to spend time out and about this was a good location to be in. Would I use again , probably because of cost but with some investment could be a fantastic destination hotel

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kasperc
yorkshiregm, General Manager at The Yorkshire Hotel, responded to this review, 29 December 2012
Thank you for your recent comments on the tripadvisor website. I was pleased to read that overall you had enjoyed your stay with us. I do take on board your comments in relation to the quality product in some areas we are striving to redecorate the entire property.
I do hope you choose to stay at the Yorkshire again as it would be our pleasure to welcome you back to the hotel when you next visit Harrogate.

Nick Henry

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (522)
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 November 2012

I was concerned about staying at the hotel due to other reviews on this site. I think that people generally have to consider that they are paying Travelodge prices for a good central location. Based on this I think the hotel is good value. I had a nicely decorated room, good bed and a living area with settee and additional flat screen TV. The room was spacious and clean. Breakfast isn't up to much as they kept running out of stuff but the do eggs to order. I would go back to this hotel as £99 for two nights is a bargain! I stayed in room 401. You don't get a room with a view but it is very spacious and welcoming.

Room Tip: 401-Spacios, living area. Good bed but no views from window
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pattybenson
Thank you for your honest feedback, I was pleased to read that over all you had enjoyed your stay with us. It is always encouraging to get a balanced view of the hotel, which I believe provides potential guests with a good idea of what a stay at the Yorkshire is all about, we offer a wide variety of room types and standard and we always try to offer the best value for money for a 3 star style property.
I was disappointed to read your comments relating to breakfast and I have of course passed your comments on to the team and the Manager responsible for this area.

Redcar, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 November 2012

just stayed for a weekend in harrogate with friends,they said i could n,t of found better,you couldn,t get a better location to everything shops ,pubs and restaurants .we were luky and had rooms on the front of the hotel which had a beautiful view.the staff were very helpful polite and friendly. the rooms were basic and clean, lovely bathroom i had no complaints especially when i got a parking space outside the hotel

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank barbara_miglentsis2
Thank you for your recent comments on the tripadvisor website. I was delighted to read that you had enjoyed your stay with us. It always gives me great pleasure to read when the team have given great customer service thank you for acknowledging this.
It would be our pleasure to welcome you back to the hotel when you next visit Harrogate.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 November 2012

We stayed here on an overnight stay in Harrogate and I have to say we were a little disappointed. The room was very basic, we had twin beds which to say 'creaked' would be an understatement - to the point that we didn't sleep too well because of the noise when we turned over! The location is great, the breakfast was ok but all in all we felt the hotel was very dated. There was evidence of some refurbishment taking place so perhaps in the future it will meet the standard reflected in the rates, we got a deal which helped soften our disappointment a little.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gailb772
yorkshiregm, General Manager at The Yorkshire Hotel, responded to this review, 15 November 2012
Thank you for your recent comments on the tripadvisor website. I was disappointed to read that overall you had not enjoyed your stay with us . It was disappointing to read that the room and beds allocated caused you such a sleepless night and I am very sorry.I do take on board your comments in relation to the tired decoration and we are steadily working through the hotel making improvements. On a positive note I that despite these disapointment you did rate the service received as being 5 points.
It is only through comments such as those you have made that we are able to improve our standards and product.

Chirk
Reviewed 5 November 2012

We booked this hotel and stayed there first week in October, as we had a gift from our family and it was the one on the list that was named. We have been a few times to Harrogate but this stay was dissapointing. Only because of the Hotel.There was no feeling as you entered the reception.. Dull and dreary. All I could say 'Good location' that was all,but tired and needs lots of attention. Sorry!

Room Tip: Front of hotel as behind you have street which over looks pubs and resturants
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank tafftwo55
Thank you for your recent comments on the tripadvisor website. I was disappointed to read that overall you had not enjoyed your stay with us. I do take on board your comments in relation to the tired decoration and we are steadily working through the hotel making improvements.
It is only through comments such as those you have made that we are able to improve our standard and product.

Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 November 2012 via mobile

Good overall only disappointed same menu both evenings ...asked how often it changes was told about every 3 months. Staff on reception very helpful and friendly. There were night time roadworks outside the hotel but they Finnished at midnight so not too inconvent.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank susan l
Thank you for your recent comments on the tripadvisor website. I was pleased to read that overall you had enjoyed your stay with us and I would hope you choose to stay again. I do take on board your comments in relation to the menu not being changed each evening but as we cater to both residents and outside guest we try to provide a menu that is consistent we therefore make amendments to this menu on seasonal basis we are always willing to try and accommodate a specific request if we have the ingredients available.

Reviewed 4 November 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for the weekend hotel right in the centre...parking available...stright forward check in...rooms average nothing plush but nothing to grumble about either... Pleasant staff...overall we enjoyed our weekend !!

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Mbeever77
Thank you for your recent comments on the tripadvisor website. I was pleased to read that overall you had enjoyed your stay with us and you would choose to stay again. I do take on board your comments in relation to the rooms not being plush but we are very much a mid market hotel with a great location.
I would hope that you do consider using The Yorkshire again.