We stayed for 2 nights over Valentine's day using a voucher we were bought for Christmas. The hotel was easy to find and we had no problems parking at the front.
The reception area was clean and tidy and we had a pleasant welcome from the lady on reception. We were given room 413 and upon arriving on the 4th floor we found the appearance of the corridor a little shabby. As mentioned by other reviewers, the carpets were patchy with stains and there was a musty smell overpowered by strong paint.
The room had a lovely view however, some of the furniture was a little tired - water marks and chipped varnish on the tables/sideboards and shabby upholstery. The double bed was also two singles pushed together.
As this trip was intended as a Valentine's treat we decided to ask if it was possible to swap room. We were told that we could upgrade to another room for an extra £20. We did this and moved to room 502 which we found to be much better in terms of space and standard of the room.
We also booked in for the Valentine's meal at the hotel which was one of the best parts of the stay. The food was very nice and service excellent - on the whole very good value for money.
The hotel's location is right in the heart of Harrogate so shops, bars and restaurants are right on the doorstep. Breakfast was served until 9.30 and was the usual help yourself style buffet which was sufficient.
Taking all aspects into account I'd class the stay as good. There does seem to be a big difference in standards between different parts of the hotel, so if they could even this out it would be much better. A little more attention to detail on the cleaning would be good too. The overall cleanliness was fine, however, when doing the obligatory under bed check before leaving we did find some crusty tissues and empty loo roll tubes under the bed! (I bet if you look they are still there!)
We would probably book this hotel again if we returned to Harrogate based mainly on its location and if the price was right.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Yorkshire is perfectly situated in the heart of Harrogate, with everything you need being within walking distance, opposite Bettys Cafe Tea Rooms. Harrogate train station,and the Internatioanl centre is an easy three minute walk away making the hotel an ideal venue for events held at the HIC.The hotel’s Hg1 Brasserie & Bar, has a high street style and is very popular with both our guests and the local residents of Harrogate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, Superbreak UK, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Yorkshire Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Yorkshire Hotel Harrogate
- The Yorkshire Hotel Harrogate