First, the positives: the staff were fantastic, the location is excellent, the car park is free, the hotel looks nice from the outside. After this I'm struggling to say anything else positive. This hotel is in need of substantial renovation as a matter of urgency: the public areas are reasonable, but our bedroom was awful (peeling wallpaper; dark even in the middle of the day with the light on; very creaky floorboards to the extent that we could hear the occupants of the room above us whenever they walked around; clear glass in the bathroom window so that we had to keep the - water damaged - blind shut when we used the bathroom; the room was heated by one very old electric radiator; we couldn't read at night as the lights were so dim; our room looked out onto the chimneys and extractor fans for the kitchen which were very noisy and in almost constant use; the corridors leading to the bedrooms were very dated; the one lift that did work was very old. My overiding impression is that this was once a very grand hotel that has seen better days - essentially it is far too big and the amount of money needing spent on it (not just a lick of paint, but the bedrooms and bathrooms need to be completly gutted, new floors need to be installed etc.) is so substantial that I suspect the hotel could never afford it. I notice that the general manager replies to most of the reviews and has on occasion said that if people ask to be moved they will. but my question is what on earth are you doing renting out such dowdy rooms in the first place - we paid £120 for one night and expect much more than this for that sort of money - you really ought to hang your heads in shame. Freinds of ours stayed the same night and thier view was pretty much well the same as ours.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Yorkshire is perfectly situated in the heart of Harrogate, with everything you need being within walking distance, opposite Bettys Cafe Tea Rooms. Harrogate train station,and the Internatioanl centre is an easy three minute walk away making the hotel an ideal venue for events held at the HIC.The hotel’s Hg1 Brasserie & Bar, has a high street style and is very popular with both our guests and the local residents of Harrogate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, LateRooms, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Yorkshire Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Yorkshire Hotel Harrogate
- The Yorkshire Hotel Harrogate