“Ideal”

The Yorkshire Hotel
Ranked #20 of 30 Hotels in Harrogate
“Ideal”
Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

I was looking for a city centre hotel to stay the night, following a staff party.
I managed to get a single room here, and I was very happy with what I received.

Room was very clean and tidy, nice decor, bed very comfortable and an amazing breakfast.

The staff were all very friendly, from reception to the breakfast staff.

Slight down side was the shower, not very powerful, but it still did the job!
Love the hotel and great staff and food.

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Richard K
yorkshiregm, General Manager at The Yorkshire Hotel, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Thank you for your recent comments on the tripadvisor website.
I was delighted to read that you had enjoyed your stay with us; it is always great to read comments such as yours and hopefully dispels some of the negative comments we receive.
It also gives me great pleasure to read comments about the team as they are our greatest asset
It would be our pleasure to welcome you back to the hotel when your next in town.

Nick Henry

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (511)
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Just returned from 3 night Christmas package, room 303.

The room, having read some previous reviews we were a little apprehensive but were pleasantly surprised with such a nice room lots of room to spread out especially being there for 3 nights. The hotel is a classic old building with period features and you would be silly to go expecting a new shiny hotel, saying that all the rooms and common areas we used were spotless and comfortable.

The staff were second to non always helpful and willing to make your stay comfortable, all the food (with exception of Xmas day main) ( cranberry sauce would have been nice) was very good, with no feeling of being rushed between courses.

To summarize these guys dont pretend to be "chic boutique" but what you do get is a classic old building with period features and exceptional service.

This hotel is excellent value for money.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank SiB_11
I was delighted to read that once again had enjoyed most aspects of your Christmas Break with us. I certainly take on board some the feed-back you have given regarding Christmas day lunch. I am sorry we did not provide Cranberry Sauce it was of course available and therefore an oversight on our behalf.
I am extremely pleased you felt looked after by the team during your time with us they are our very best asset.
I do hope you choose to stay with us again next year as it would be our pleasure to welcome you back to the hotel.

Whitchurch, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

From the outset this hotel looks very nice and the hotel bar is of high standard, upon going to my room the elevator is rather a back breaking experience dud to its sudden jolting stoping on any floor, the corridors were really noisy with the creaking of floorboards but this is an old building so partly forgiven. The room was substandard there was only two side lights and no main light. The bed was awful I could feel each of the springs and struggled to sleep. You pay for the location not the accommodation would be great with a good renovation project.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank Gorsk
I thank you for the time you have taken in writing your review on the tripadvisor website. I am sorry that your stay was not a success, for which I can only apologise.
It is only through comments such as yours that we are try to improve our standards and service.

Nick Henry

Travellers are raving about these Harrogate hotels

Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 December 2013 via mobile

This hotel is in the perfect location, parking is spot on. But apart from that we were disappointed with our stay, room was really dated, the bed was really uncomfortable and squeaky which kept my partner awake most of the night. 1 pillow each. Bathroom was clean and reasonable. After a bad night sleep we were woken by room keeping at 9 o clock! I know this is a cheap hotel but i probably wouldnt stay here again.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DEJP
Thank you for your comments on the tripadvisor website. We always try to offer the best value for money for a 3 star property. It is always disappointing to read that someone has not enjoyed their stay for which I am genuinely sorry. After an investigation with my Duty Management team it is regrettable that your disappointment does not appear to have been highlighted or addressed by the Duty Manager visiting your room. I wish to assure you that if the Duty Manager had been made aware they would have endeavoured to provide an alternative room .

York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed for one night . On arrival looked delightful . Outside . Inside welcoming . The entrence door is very loud on closing . The room was disappointing standard very warn in places bathroom lot of mold around shower head and bath with patches of mold on the bathroom blind ...breakfast was nice ..... staff really healpfull. Room just need a bit of a update.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank anthony92_13
Thank you for your recent comments on the tripadvisor website. I am sorry the room you were allocated showed signs of wear and I admit some of our product is in need of updating and we will continue to work through a redecoration programme during 2014. I was disappointed and sorry to read your comments relating to the bathroom in particular the shower head you described. We do have cleaning schedule’s in place to pre-empt this type of problem occurring. I am therefore at a loss as to how this has occured since the last clean never the less I have of course instructed all shower heads to be checked and re-cleaned.
Despite the obvious shortfalls in product you have identified I do thank you for equally highlighting the positives in service received and therefore providing a very balance view.
It is only through comments such as those you have made that we are able to improve our standard and service.

Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed at the Yorkshire Hotel as me & my wife were visiting the local Christmas market. The hotel is situated perfectly for this & also for visiting the rest of Harrogate's shops. The room was a decent size & nice & clean. We only had breakfast in the hotel, but this was excellent.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Gerard C
.Thank you for your recent comments on the tripadvisor website. I was delighted to read that you had enjoyed your stay with us and that you had a successful shopping trip. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back to the hotel when you next visit Harrogate.

General Manager.
Blackburn, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 December 2013

We stayed here as we were working at the International Centre during the Country Living Fair. Excellent position for this purpose and for the shops, restaurants, Christmas Markets, etc. Comfortable, clean bedroom with all the essentials. Hospitality was very good and nothing was too much trouble. On Friday night the offer was 2 for 1 on certain cocktails with no time limit. The only downside was that although we were on the first floor we were disturbed with passers by outside during the early hours. We were also disturbed with people on the corridor. The bar staff were very good - the barman being execeptional! Definitely a hotel to return to but would take earplugs next time.

Room Tip: I would try and get a room away from the street noise if possible at busy times of the year