We booked a room at The Yorkshire to spend a relaxing time away after Christmas for New Year. We booked a double room with breakfast at a great price for this time of year, we did our research on the hotel and booked based upon the location and value for money.
On arrival, the hotel is very well located for shopping and the entertainment that Harrogate offers. Betty's Tea Room is across the road and walking around the corner from the hotel brings you straight into the shopping/socialising areas - remembering, this is Harrogate its extremely quaint, has a great warm feeling about it and is in no way noisy or run-down.
The hotel offers free parking directly outside the doors and although the spaces are quite compact (I personally didn't have any issues however larger vehicles might) there is ample parking for all guests.
The Yorkshire is a grand building and has some great features inside and out - that comes at a price, as you may understand from other reviews parts of this hotel are a little tired and could do with some attention (perhaps the corridors, lifts and reception areas) that said it is in no way dirty, nor is it disgraceful. The rooms themselves make the best of their features, again I do feel they could do with some redecoration however for the price we paid and the other benefits of the area and hotel they were liveable. The bed in our room (315) was a zip bed and the quality of the mattress was quite poor - these could do with replacement, they have seen better days.
Breakfast was buffet style and a little limited however again, suited to the hotel rating. On the first day we were offered cooked food directly from the kitchen as the hotel was not busy but on New Years Day a full cooked buffet option was back on. The tea served at breakfast was quite poor in honesty, knowing the great teas on offer in this area of the country it would be worth considering better options.
Finally, the staff were extremely attentive and a real asset to this hotel. From reception, to bar to restaurant we were welcomed and made to feel well looked after. Particularly the reception staff who couldn't do enough for us.
This hotel is great value for what it is - it's not pretentious and doesn't claim to be anything more than it is. It makes the most of it's fabulous location and amenities and if we were staying in Harrogate again we would definitely consider....Harrogate is too nice to spend all day in your room anyway :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Yorkshire is perfectly situated in the heart of Harrogate, with everything you need being within walking distance, opposite Bettys Cafe Tea Rooms. Harrogate train station,and the Internatioanl centre is an easy three minute walk away making the hotel an ideal venue for events held at the HIC.The hotel’s Hg1 Brasserie & Bar, has a high street style and is very popular with both our guests and the local residents of Harrogate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Superbreak UK, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Yorkshire Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Yorkshire Hotel Harrogate
- The Yorkshire Hotel Harrogate