Stayed for two nights. Room 209 was a twin, due to age of hotel the floors were very uneven. Unfortunately this makes the beds even more noisy than they were already. Stayed with my mum and both of us struggled to sleep between the noisy beds and the traffic noise from the road. However we had a lovely time in Harrogate and the rooms were a bargain from spaseekers so you get what you pay for. The disappointment was with our meal. Mine, seabass in lemon sauce was small but the issue was the veg that came with it, is it just me or was braised red cabbage with winter spice(basically tasted like Christmas chutney) was too over powering for a delicate fish and citrus sauce. My mothers meal, a mixed grill was massive but so salty it was unpleasant. The waitress did give her a free pudding but it didn't really make up for such a horrid meal which still came to over 50 pounds. My advice would be to eat elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Yorkshire is perfectly situated in the heart of Harrogate, with everything you need being within walking distance, opposite Bettys Cafe Tea Rooms. Harrogate train station,and the Internatioanl centre is an easy three minute walk away making the hotel an ideal venue for events held at the HIC.The hotel’s Hg1 Brasserie & Bar, has a high street style and is very popular with both our guests and the local residents of Harrogate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Cancelon, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Yorkshire Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Yorkshire Hotel Harrogate
- The Yorkshire Hotel Harrogate