The Yorkshire Hotel
The West Park Hotel(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
US$153
  • Restaurant
Cedar Court Hotel(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$87
The Crown Hotel(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
US$93
US$112
US$104
Agoda.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Hotel du Vin and Bistro(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
US$173
US$156
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Studley Hotel and Orchid Restaurant(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
US$208
Travelocity
Old Swan Hotel(Harrogate)
US$157
US$125
Ascot House Hotel Harrogate(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
US$131
Priceline
1,965 results
All reviewsbetty's tea roomsold buildingfourth floora bit tiredcentral locationfantastic locationfire alarmup to datecentre of townbars and restaurantsnight breaklarge bathroomevening mealbuffet styleshort breakplenty of choicea lovely stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 February 2014

My wife and I booked a couple of nights in the Yorkshire during January this year for our first experience of Harrogate. If you accept that this is a mid-nineteenth century hotel, you'll be fine here. Yes, the floorboards creek and the decor in some of the rooms is dated but it's very clean, very comfortable and very friendly. What's more, a hotel couldn't be better placed for a trip to this very pleasant town.

The restaurant and Hg1 bar on the ground floor are great and surprisingly busy in the evening. If you walk out of the rear door of Hg1 you literally fall into three more great bars and a restaurant.

Won't hesitate to book the Yorkshire again, and soon I hope!

Great places to eat and drink: Weatherspoons Winter Gardens, the biggest and best we've been in. Banyan, Piano and Pitcher and the Alexandra, all pubs on the back lane, great! The Den on Cambridge Road and Hales Bar near the Pump Museum. If you miss breakfast try the Cambridge Cafe, fantastic little place run by a lovely Chinese family who serve up a very satisfying Full English. Shalimar Indian restaurant on Cheltenham parade great for a late night meal.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
yorkshiregm, General Manager at The Yorkshire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Thank you for your recent comments on the tripadvisor website. I was pleased to read that you had an enjoyed the service during your stay and that you felt looked after by the team. I appreciate your incite in to the property and I thank you for providing some balance and understanding in your review of the Yorkshire.
It would be our pleasure to welcome you back to the hotel when you next visit Harrogate.

Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed for two nights. Room 209 was a twin, due to age of hotel the floors were very uneven. Unfortunately this makes the beds even more noisy than they were already. Stayed with my mum and both of us struggled to sleep between the noisy beds and the traffic noise from the road. However we had a lovely time in Harrogate and the rooms were a bargain from spaseekers so you get what you pay for. The disappointment was with our meal. Mine, seabass in lemon sauce was small but the issue was the veg that came with it, is it just me or was braised red cabbage with winter spice(basically tasted like Christmas chutney) was too over powering for a delicate fish and citrus sauce. My mothers meal, a mixed grill was massive but so salty it was unpleasant. The waitress did give her a free pudding but it didn't really make up for such a horrid meal which still came to over 50 pounds. My advice would be to eat elsewhere.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

I thank you for the time you have taken in writing your review on the tripadvisor website. I am sorry that your stay was not an entire success, for which I can only apologise .I am genuinely sorry for the shortfalls in standards you have highlighted in relation to your evening meal and I have of course highlighted your comments to the Head Chef.I certainly take on board some of the other feed-back you have given also.
It is only through comments such as those you have made that we are able to improve our standard and service.
Thank you once again for your feedback

Reviewed 27 January 2014

Whilst some areas of the Hotel and the furnishings were shabby, the bed was very comfortable and the room temperature ideal. Service was good, dinner and breakfast excellent. The Hotel location right in the town centre and across from Betty's couldn't be beaten, and parking is available.

Room Tip: Lovely view across the gardens in rooms at the front.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your recent comments on the tripadvisor website. I was pleased to read that you had enjoyed some aspects of your stay with us. I particular how much you had enjoyed dining experience and that you felt looked after by the team. I certainly take on board some of the other feed-back you have given thank you.
I do hope you choose to stay with us again as it would be our pleasure to welcome you back to the hotel.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

This is our fifth winter weekend away at The Yorkshire hotel. We love the location which is perfect for enjoying the shops and restaurants in Harrogate. The hotel team are very friendly and always have a cheery manner.
Our Travelzoo package was excellent value for money and included a bottle of wine with dinner on the first night.

We managed to park right outside the main entrance and had an early check in - Thank You! We were in room 211 this weekend, lovely large room but as the weather turned wintry, so did the temperature in our room. We have always found the rooms to be a little on the chilly side so were prepared with a hot water bottle.

We enjoyed the delicious evening meal and if we had to make a negative comment it would be that we prefer more vegetables, but what we had was perfectly cooked, presented and served.

The breakfast buffet has a wide variety of options, however we did note that the hot items were popular and seemed to require topping up quite often. We had the ham, cheese, fresh fruit option and of which there was a plentiful supply of very nice quality foods.

The restaurant team work very hard with limited numbers of colleagues and do a very good job, something's are worth waiting for, so enjoy a leisurely breakfast.

Thanks for a relaxing weekend, we will be back.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your recent comments on the tripadvisor website.
I was delighted to read that you had enjoyed another stay with us; it is always great to read comments such as yours and it gives me particular pleasure to read comments about the team as they are our greatest asset. I certainly take on board some of the other feed-back you have given thank you for providing a balance review of the Yorkshire.
I do hope we can welcome you back to the hotel when you next visit Harrogate.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

Booked this hotel through Expedia and was not sure what to expect for a bargain price. When we arrived the hotel looks lovely from outside in a wonderful old building. We had arrived early and I went into reception to ask about parking, I was given a permit for free parking outside the hotel for the duration of our stay. Went back to check in later and the staff were very friendly and helpful. Our room was nice, clean and the facilities were fine. We were front facing, looking out over trees and gardens and even Betty's tea room! We didn't eat in the hotel until breakfast, which was freshly cooked and delicious. I would definitely recommend and stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a front facing room when you book.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank sara f

Thank you for your recent comments on the trip advisor website. I was pleased to read that overall you had a great stay with us and how much you had enjoyed experience and that you felt looked after by the team.