I have stayed here a couple of times on business (December 2013 and February 2014). The location has to be the best thing about this hotel - it's right in the centre of Harrogate and close to all the shops, cafes, bars, and restaurants.
The hotel itself has a grand appearance and is in a historic building. I have had no problem getting parked right outside the hotel, but remember to ask for a car parking pass to display in the windscreen. The reception area is nicely fitted out, as is the bar and restaurant area. I have found all the staff to be friendly and accommodating at all times.
The rooms I have stayed in were reasonably comfortable and warm, and a very good size. Unfortunately the rooms are looking a little bit tired and in need of redecoration and refurbishment. I have also found the rooms quite dark as the lighting isn't great - the bathrooms have been especially dark.
I have eaten in the bar area, and whilst the bar menu was limited to sandwiches, snack plates, burgers, or pizzas the food I have had was fresh, hot and tasty. The breakfast unfortunately is not to the same standard - on my first visit the breakfast was a hot and cold buffet, however more recently hot food has to be ordered from the waiting staff. However the hot food came within about 2 minutes of ordered so the hot buffet is probably just in the kitchen now! I'd personally avoid ordering the scrambled eggs as they had an odd texture, almost like they were made from powdered egg. Unfortunately I can't consider the breakfast to be good value at the advertised £14.95 per head.
If you are leaving the hotel first thing in the morning by car then leave a little extra time for your journey as the traffic in central Harrogate can be quite busy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Yorkshire is perfectly situated in the heart of Harrogate, with everything you need being within walking distance, opposite Bettys Cafe Tea Rooms. Harrogate train station,and the Internatioanl centre is an easy three minute walk away making the hotel an ideal venue for events held at the HIC.The hotel’s Hg1 Brasserie & Bar, has a high street style and is very popular with both our guests and the local residents of Harrogate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Superbreak UK, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Yorkshire Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Yorkshire Hotel Harrogate
- The Yorkshire Hotel Harrogate