We stayed here for one night on a special deal: dinner, bed and breakfast, with a bottle of wine with dinner. This was excellent value and the food was very good, both at dinner and the buffet breakfast (one of the best buffet cooked breakfasts we have had anywhere). The location could not be better, our third floor room was on the corner, looking out over the Stray and the war memorial. However, it was bitterly cold and windy, the windows were drafty and rattled, though the thick curtains helped at night. We came back from town at 5.30 pm to have a drink and didn't realise the bar was at the back, through the hotel restaurant. We thought it overlooked the Stray at the front, but nobody was in there, probably because of the cold draft blowing through. Husband went to investigate and found the maitre de in the restaurant who was very unwelcoming and he denied that there was an offer of 2 for 1 cocktails at that time of day. He said they used to do it but had stopped. In fact, there were signs in the lift and the toilets about the cocktail offer, and once through to the bar at the back, we were indeed served two excellent champagne cocktails for the price of one! The maitre de was much nicer and friendlier later on when we presented for dinner and he realised we were hotel guests. We felt the staff could generally have been a bit warmer. As other reviewers have said, the rooms could do with an update. Secondary double glazing would be good and the seating area overlooking the Stray should be made cosy and welcoming as that would be a much nicer place to sit with a coffee or a glass of wine than the bar at the back, which has no view and really caters for a much younger crowd than ourselves. This hotel could be so much better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Yorkshire is perfectly situated in the heart of Harrogate, with everything you need being within walking distance, opposite Bettys Cafe Tea Rooms. Harrogate train station,and the Internatioanl centre is an easy three minute walk away making the hotel an ideal venue for events held at the HIC.The hotel’s Hg1 Brasserie & Bar, has a high street style and is very popular with both our guests and the local residents of Harrogate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Superbreak UK, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Yorkshire Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Yorkshire Hotel Harrogate
- The Yorkshire Hotel Harrogate