My husband and I stayed at The Yorkshire Hotel for one night. Rooms were quite expensive (£100+) and it wasn't too much more to upgrade to bed, breakfast and dinner in a feature room so that's what we did.
The hotel is in a fabulous location; right in the town centre and next to Betty's. The reception area was very pleasant and made a very good first impression. The lifts were in working order but were like being on a fairground ride - they're a bit quick and come to an abrupt halt so hold on tight!
I was disappointed when I stepped out of the lift. The corridor to our room was shabby and the carpets were stained - a stark contrast to the reception area. My disappointment grew when we entered our room. It was smaller than expected and the bathroom was rather tatty with peeling paintwork. If that was a feature room then I wouldn't like to stay in a standard room. If I pay over £100 for a one night stay then I expect the room to be in a good state of repair and decoration at the very least. On a positive note, the room did have the expected facilities (adequate storage, tea / coffee, hairdryer, trouser press and toiletries). The best feature of the room was the position: situated on a corner it had windows on 2 walls and overlooked Betty's.
I grumbled a bit about the room not being worth what we had paid for, however stopped grumbling as soon as we went for dinner. The restaurant was lovely, the staff were courteous and a 3 course meal was included in the price! The food was absolutely beautiful and the wine was reasonably priced. We ended our evening in the hotel bar which was very smart and a nice place to enjoy a glass of wine.
I did not sleep particularly well as it was quite noisy outside, however if you stay so close to town then noise is to be expected. Breakfast was buffet style and was good.
Good points: location, staff, food.
Bad points: condition and quality of room in relation to price paid - it really wouldn't cost much to spruce up the room we stayed in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Yorkshire is perfectly situated in the heart of Harrogate, with everything you need being within walking distance, opposite Bettys Cafe Tea Rooms. Harrogate train station,and the Internatioanl centre is an easy three minute walk away making the hotel an ideal venue for events held at the HIC.The hotel’s Hg1 Brasserie & Bar, has a high street style and is very popular with both our guests and the local residents of Harrogate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Superbreak UK, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Yorkshire Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Yorkshire Hotel Harrogate
- The Yorkshire Hotel Harrogate