“Great Location for the theater.”

Hotel du Vin and Bistro
Ranked #10 of 30 Hotels in Harrogate
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We stayed here for one night we managed to upgrade to one of the suites, it was well worth the extra money the room
Is spacious and very well thought out. The location is excellent. We will be staying again it was a very relaxing stay and the breakfast is lovely.
The only little negative is they could do with a brighter light near the desk mirror for when doing make up but that is it! Just book it you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2014
Brian v, General Manager at Hotel du Vin and Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear Sophie D,

Thank you for your kind review , very pleased to read you had a great stay with us.

Hope we can look forward welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Following a function, I stayed overnight at this hotel. It seemed a pleasant weekend retreat, though expensive for what was offered. Having grabbed the final parking spot of the 6 or so on offer, I was disgusted to be charged £10 for a night's use. It seems to me that since this narrow strip of backyard is, at best, limited as a revenue raiser, more cache would be won by "treating" guests on a 'first come, first served' basis.
I ordered a medium-size caputino & paid £3.75. No snacks available at 15.00hrs!

The room, which the clerk told me, was the best, was disappointing: small, 'worn', with a bathroom that appeared to beg to be maintained by professional people. It was, predominately, in the quality of the finish....e.g.silicone sealant looking as though it had been applied by spoon!

As so often hotels are judged by the services offered. Hotel du Vin, Harrogate, is such an hotel.
The Reception staff are first-rate; the table service, good; the bed, comfortable; the tariff, high.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank BD H

Dear BD H,

thank you for your recent review on our Hotel.

I am very sorry to read you did have a few points that you did disapprove off.
We do however serve snacks all day and we do have a 24hr room service menu.

Parking in Harrogate is very limited and expensive and we do offer a very good value option to our guest.

I do note your comments about our bathroom product which we are currently addressing.

If I may ask you to contact me directly next time you are planning tio stay with us so I may do something special for you.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Stayed at the hotel for 1 night in a "ground leve"l room should read Basement level. Room itself was as you would expect well appointed with a nice bath & shower etc.

Whilst booking I was warned that there was a slight chance that they'd be some slight noise, what it should of said was that the room is directly below the reception area and staircase and there was a 100% chance of hearing most of the movement above you. I came in late but even then at 2am you could hear staff moving about above you. I was woken at 6.30am by lots more noise which continued throughout the time spent in the room. I did say when I checked out that the description was misleading and the receptionist agreed with me but seemed oblivious to the fact I'd had a bad nights sleep on the back of it, she did knock off a £3 pack of biscuits I'd had though not really what I was looking for, if you were staying in a Premier Inn and had had that amount of noise you'd have been given the night free obviously 5* hotels are above that.

I had breakfast and the food was fine but all 3 of the people sat near me and myself had to ask a waitress for our hot food order to be taken, the lady to one side gave the waitress a fairly specific order for cooked breakfast, which she initially tried to memorise but after the 3rd incorrect go was finally written down at which stage the waitress walked off and hadn't even asked the ladies partner whether he wanted anything so they had to ask her to come back to take his order. Not great customer service, personally I'd stay @ Rudding Park if I had to stay in Harrogate again.

Room Tip: Do not go for either of the two "ground level" rooms if you wish to have a good nights sle...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Jonnytheboy

Dear Johnytheboy,

thank you for your review on Hotel du Vin Harrogate. I am very disappointed to read that you did not have a great experience and bad nights sleep.

If you like to give me a call on 07826 672093 I would be happy to discuss this further.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Stayed for one night as attending a birthday do.
Had Pol Roger loft suite which was nice.
Food in bistro was very poor, need an overhaul of staff
As most of them were kids who didn't have a clue.
Receptionist had filthy uniform which I found shocking .

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank blackpool200067

Dear Blackpool20067,

thank you for your review on Hotel, it saddens me to read that you were not totally happy.
Please do accept my apologies for this. If you like to give me a call I would be happy to discuss this further. (07826 672093)

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Toilet didn't flush properly. Shower dripping.

Breakfast - Shortage of staff - very slow service, had to keep chasing. Steak and egg tasted like plastic. Bread not toasted properly. Staff not keeping an eye on the buffet which was not kept topped up - no milk, no juices, no cereal bowls an hour and a half before breakfast closed.

Room Tip: Do not have a standard room as not worth the money - either have a superior room or don't stay t...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Spike H

Dear Spike,

thank you for your review and valid points, we have since spoken and resolved the points you raised.

I hope the next time you are staying with us to apologise in person.

Brian

Reviewed 4 May 2014

we booked a 2 night break in the basement room-the hotel website says "on occasion may be subject to some slight noise disturbance"-the reality is that the noise is almost constant

the basement rooms are well furnished and if money was spent on acoustic flooring would be worth staying in. However the rooms above are the restaurants and bars which have wooden flooring. This means that footsteps above are amplified and it sounds as if a herd of elephants are parading above.

We went to bed 11pm-late for us ,after a couple of drinks in the comfortable hotel bar, by this time the restaurant was closing-however we lay in bed for the next hour listening to the thuds above as the waiting staff cleared up and set up for the next morning-by midnight we had to phone reception and the noise stopped until 7.30 the next morning with the start of breakfast!

I went to reception and reported our concerns ,initially she said there were no standard rooms to transfer us to but when I said we would then be checking out a day early she said she would have a word with the hotel manager. He came on duty 10am,meanwhile the herd of elephants continued to rampage upstairs!
We were given a complimentary upgrade to a loft room which was quirky and quiet but worth the price tag of over £100 per night more?!

At £125 per night room only the basement rooms are £20 less than standard rooms so are not a bargain and am surprised there are not a lot more complaints.

As to the rest of the hotel we liked the quirky layout and décor
I used the spa facilities for a spring break £55 treatment of facial and massage. That was reasonable price when compared to the standard cost of treatments.
Location of the hotel is ideal in the centre of Harrogate but means parking is limited-we secured one of the hotels car parking spots in front of the hotel at £10 per night
We didn't eat in the hotel finding more reasonable priced restaurants nearby, in fact Harrogate offers a variety of places to eat and drink catering for all tastes.

all in all a nice hotel but very overpriced .I would return if there were a special offer but would not take a basement room again if it were free!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank canadabound

Dear Canadabound,

Thank you for your review in regard your stay with us in Harrogate. I do note all your points and will address these were I can. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

If you like to discuss this further please do give me a call on 07826 672093.

Regards,

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Just come back from the Hotel Du Vin Harrogate wine evening with Olly Smith on the 27th April. What an absolutely fantastic evening. The food was fabulous as was the wine and the whole experience was excellent. The staff were attentive and couldn't do enough from the champagne reception to the serving of coffee at the end. Fabulous, Olly Smith was great fun and very sociable and made the evening the success it was. We met some lovely people both on our table and off it. I would recommend attending any future events with Olly within this hotel group. I will certainly go back if they do anymore. Best evening we have had for a long time and good value for money. The hotel itself was very nice and couldn't fault the decor or the facilities or staff. Thank you for a lovely stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shaunus

Dear Shaunus,

Thank you for your review and fantastic to read you had such a great time.
We hope we can look forward welcoming you back soon.