Hotel du Vin and Bistro
Cedar Court Hotel(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$67
Cairn Hotel(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
US$185
US$72
  • Breakfast included
Ascot House Hotel Harrogate(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$74
US$83
US$81
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
The Crown Hotel(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
US$71
Old Swan Hotel(Harrogate)
US$166
US$119
The West Park Hotel(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$118
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Harrogate(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
US$75
US$54
Rudding Park Hotel(Follifoot)
US$360
1,242 results
All reviewsmonsoon showerhdv harrogateroll top bathloft suitenespresso machinefree standing bathmini barwalk in showerthe general managerfirst floorlovely hotelsunday nightwine listper nighthuge bedreception stafflovely room
Reviewed 16 June 2014

So we booked four rooms for a very special family birthday. Traveled from Manchester for the occasion. Paid above our usual budget, but believed it would be worth it. We were sadly wrong. Throughout the stay we came across disappointments which suggested the price was a brand con, not the real value of the offer: dirty dressing gown, broken iron, broken lamp bulbs, used soap (!), milk turned to cheese, menu confusion on dinner which had already been paid for, bill confusion which overcharged, £10 for a parking bay three yards from cheap (then free) public spaces.

But the worst was the 'studio' Gosset. Not a place to stay unless you really want a slope-roofed sauna. I'm no giant, but half the space is inaccessible without tilting over! And beyond unbearable heat on our warm day, with a very sad excuse for an aircon at the opposite end to the bed. The towel rail wouldn't turn off either. My uncomplaining mother didn't get any sleep. A real let down, especially as it cost more than our other three rooms, all of which were superior to it. The birthday treat failed big style. And we can't take it back.

To balance this rather negative review, I'll say that our evening meal and breakfast were good, with prompt service, and the sommelier was informative. Fair enough.

But the new manager has a real job on his hands turning this around, and I see he replies to posts in good faith, so I believe he's serious, but we won't be returning here so that's not going to help him personally oversee our next stay. It's a refund we will be seeking - for the studio. Sorry.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Brian v, General Manager at Hotel du Vin and Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

Dear Moikul,

It saddens me to read your review and feel this is unfair picture you paint of us.

On the day myself and my team tried everything to assist you, including offering a room move which was declined.

We have now resolved everything and am sad we did not live upto your expectations.
Please do accept our sincere apologies.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel about 6 years ago and thoroughly enjoyed, I returned with girlfriends for the D,B&B offer. Overall we were a little disappointed, our initial welcome was fine with a very helpful receptionist. We felt that rooms were due a refresh of paint etc. We headed off to the bar for pre-dinner drinks and found the bar man to be positively rude when he took our drinks order and then took 15 minutes to bring the drinks over to us in spite of the bar being empty. In the restaurant we were not given the 'fixed price' menu included in our offer and had to seek clarification, we ordered starters which were ok and then chicken with pomme puree accompanied by a sauce and a bouillabaisse - The chicken was served with a very large portion of' very plain' mashed potato and a very small amount of sauce leaving the chicken a little dry - overall edible but unimpressive! The bouillabaisse consisted of 2 small pieces of fish and a king prawn and was served in a very tomato based sauce - my friend does not have a very large appetite but at £19.95 it was not good value and would not have suited a larger appetite.
The sommelier was very pleasant and helpful but other service was tardy and pretty basic particularly considering the restaurant wasn't very full.
Breakfast was better but wasn't anything special by the standards of any decent hotel. Our waitress failed to clear our fruit bowls and tried to deliver our cooked food, forcing us to juggle plates and help her stack and clear (basis service error). We had to send the scrambled egg and smoked salmon back as the egg was overcooked and rubbery.
Overall I would say that this hotel is due a makeover and this isn't reflected in the price. The level of service did not reflect the 'brand image' - staff training required and the food was below par for a 'French' Brasserie. Work to do 'Hotel du Vin'!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Jude H,

Thank you for your detailed review, I do take onboard your valid points. Staff training is something we doing daily and is an ongoing scheme. We have had a few changes in the team and I do apologise if we did get it wrong on the night. I would like to assure you this is being addressed. The Fixe Prix menu has been replaced by our Al Fresco menu which is full of all summery healthy & light options which runs alongside our A la Carte menu.

I hope next time you are visting Harrogate will try us again.

Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

We checked into the hotel du vin as we had stayed at others in the chain eg Glasgow (fantastic!) & Brighton - this however was a real disappointment by the others standards. Parking - they wanted £10 to park in their own bays outside the hotel, when on street parking is free until 8am? The food in the restaurant was average but the biggest shock was the toilets they were filthy and obviously hadn't been checked for hours. I went to report the state of the toilets to reception but there was no one there! It's not the type of thing you want to see (dirty toilets) when you are eating in the restaurant - it makes you wonder what the kitchens are like? The bedroom was nice but noisy, glad I only stayed for one night, definitely not worth the £180 price tag. Disappointing.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Brian v, General Manager at Hotel du Vin and Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2014

Dear Budyup,

thank you for your recent visit and subsequence review of our hotel. I am sorry to hear we did not meet your expectations, please accept my sincere apologies for this. I note your comments about our toilets and I will increase our frequency of checking these as I fully agree these should be spotless at all times. As to the noise, could i ask you to contact me directly next time you visit and I will allocate a room with the least noise, as you can imagine in a town centre hotel we are going to be more exposed to this.
Thank you again and we hope we can welcome you back in the future.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Stayed at this hotel for one night in the Torques et Clochers room on the first floor.
The bathroom although roomy, was not at all clean. The shower screen folding area was dirty with ground in soap. There was no seal on the screen and the water poured out onto the floor and toilet whilst showering. This to me was dangerous.
We found the room a bit dark and dingy with a small window covered by a roller blind which had seen better days. The outlook from the window was a rooftop.
The bed was clean and comfortable ,tea and coffee facilities but the milk supplied was sour.
A large fan was supplied as no air conditioning however this made too loud a noise to be able to sleep through.
The rest of the hotel was fine staff all ok. The location is spot on for amenities,
If I returned to Harrogate to stay I would probably not stop at this one.
Sorry for this comment, but I feel it's constructive and attention to detail is important for returning clientele

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hilary R

Dear Hilary R,

thank you for your review, please do accept my apologies for the valid points you raised which I will rectify with my team.

Could I ask you to contact me directly next time you are planning to visit Harrogate so I may oversee you booking.

Again please accept my apologies.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Stayed a night in January in a room with an outside terrace, nice big room and a great shower. Amenities in the room were good, nespresso coffee machine, nice touch to have wine available in the room (for sale, but still a good idea). Bath was other side of the bed and in a narrow corner area so did not use it, the shower was excellent. Pleasant candle lit dining room with very friendly and professional staff and excellent food. Had to leave very early next day so did not have breakfast. A great place to stay, and very useful to have parking spaces allocated to the hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms with balconies are great
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear Dieithryn,

Thank you very much for your very kind review, great to read that you had a brilliant stay with us.
We hope we can welcome you back in the near future.