“Great 9th Birthday Party!!”

Live For Today Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: 'Live For Today' is a well know quote used by many that means living life to the full! Here at our Ripley Castle Venue (one of three in the north) we offer a great range of activities that are perfect for a family day out, kids parties and simple days out! Activities on offer; High & Low Ropes Course, Body Zorbing, Archery, Orienteering, Bushcraft and Kayaking/Canoeing on our lake! Our instructors are truly unique and have been hand-picked over the years, they are able to provide the best experience possible in a safe environment.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Harrogate, United Kingdom
“Great 9th Birthday Party!!”
Reviewed 4 February 2014

My son had his 9th birthday party at Hazlewood Castle site and it went extremely well. Mark and his team were great with the boys who did archery and then bushcraft activities. There was a lot of very positive feedback at the end, with several of the boys wanting their parties there too! My husband and I were able to have a coffee in the beautiful castle which was an extra bonus and highly recommended!

Visited November 2013

Londonderry UK
“4 people for two days..... great craic.”
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Dan and Mark took us for two days of activities,
Abseiling, Gorge walking, which due to a flooded gorge was more a floundering swimming and struggling session.
Archery and rifle shooting.... with a twist ... William Tell stuff + flash bangs.
Buggy racing... total muck fest + winners podium.
Quad biking.... complete with trials and not just a run follow the leader.
All the activities challenged and stretched us but all good.
These guys know what they are about, joining instructions and email information was perfect.
If you want loads or craic and a bit of a challenge give them a shout.
You wont be disappointed.
Regards Bert & Dorothy / Dave & Joanne

Hull
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Quad Biking / Archery (12th Oct 2013)”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Had a Saturday Morning out ! Venue Hazlewood site. Instructor Mark! Had a Great time Quad-biking, given good advice and instruction from Instructor who always kept his eyes on what was going on whilst giving us challenging exercises to master. Then went on to the Archery. Once again Good advice well communicated and led by example. Brilliant Mornings fun for Me and My Son. Overall: Easy to find, Friendly Staff, Well priced & Will be returning (enjoyed it that much !).

london
“Excellent!”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

I booked body zorbing for a hen party - it was absolutely brilliant and I would definitely do it again. we're already planning a trip later in the year to take all the family. Really excellent organisation - I would highly recommend

Howden, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Aqua Zorbing!”
Reviewed 1 October 2013

I booked for me and my boyfriend to go aqua zorbing for his birthday, i did book it though a activity website and paid more £35 each instead of £20 each which was my mistake however i was very disappointed with the overall activity.
When we arrived at the sight i felt that it had just been built as a pop up activity centre on a farm. There was a porter loo, and a static changing room in the middle of a field. We then sore where the zorbing took place which to me was a on a very short and not steep enough hill. When we got into the ball we only had one bucket of water poured in and was told to push on and roll down the hill. The hill was that low that we didn't even roll all the way down as the ball stopped. Although the staff were all friendly i would not recommend aqua zorbing at the place, i was VERY DISAPPOINTED and felt that i had been robbed of £70 for a 1 second non thrilling roll on some flat hill.

Visited September 2013
3 Thank BobbieV89
Dan M, Owner at Live For Today Adventures, responded to this review, 4 October 2013
HI Bobbie,

Thank you for your recent review and honest feedback on your experience at our Harrogate site. I am very disappointed to hear about this unusual and very low review and have already discussed your experience with the team that was there on the day.

Unfortunately there are a lot of booking agencies out there at the moment who do charge an extra amount of commission for transferring bookings directly to actual activity centres and i'm sorry that it seemed very expensive for what you experienced.

Our Aqua Zorbing has been operating for over two years now with excellent reviews and unfortunately sometimes the weather conditions can affect what direction and how fast a zorb rolls. If there is a strong upwind on the day then this does slow the zorb down and although our run is 120 metres long it can’t always be guaranteed that you will reach the very bottom. The speed of a zorb also depends on how long and quick you can run for at the start, I know the team give you a good push when you fall but if you were to fall early it does mean that less momentum has been created and so the zorb does go slower, we like to run this as a competition between different groups to see who can get the furthest.

In regards to the amount of water that is added to a zorb it is standard across the industry that a large bucket (between 50 – 75 litres) is sufficient for the experience. No extra can be added due to the safety of participants and also too much weight for the zorb to hold.

I hope some of the above has answered your concerns and again I apologise if it wasn’t to your expected standards, I am happy to discuss this personally with you if you wish to give me a call on 07794 808811.

Kindest Regards,