“Better then others”

Glenayr Guest Accommodation
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Harrogate
Glenayr Guest Accommodation
Ranked #48 of 98 Harrogate B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 October 2012

Having now stayed at the Glenaye three times over the last four months, i can honestly say that this small guest house is better then some of the larger branded hotels in Harrogate.two out of the three visits we have stayed in a double room at the top of the house (room 4) which we found to be comfortable and functional
On all occasions we slept well and could not fault the quality of the furniture and decorations, breakfast was a good Yorkshire fare with more then enough to keep you going all day.
At the room rates quoted, we believe you would be hard pushed to find a more welcoming and comfortable hotel that offers a homely welcome and a good nights sleep.

Room Tip: Any room will give you a quite location and a good nights sleep
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mike C

Reviewed 30 September 2012

Hi all, i looked on here myself before i booked a nights stay at the Glenayr and was impressed with the reviews left and thought it only fair to leave one of my own to share with people perhaps intending to stay here.
On arrival liz was very friendly and helpful and i noticed that the entrance was very clean and tastefully decorated. The dining room was again nicely decorated with modern trendy furnishings. I noticed however there was a rather fusty smell from the entrance & landing area which carried through to our bedroom door at the top of the BnB. Our room was number 4 which was a cosy double , nicely decorated very clean and with modern furnishings. Unfortunately the fusty smell was still lingering from the landing through to the bedroom which was if anything a little annoying. The ensuite was nice but rather on the small side but very clean.
Now comes the bit where i feel fellow travellers should be aware of.
The bed, which is a major part of a comfortable stay was simply not acceptable for a good nights sleep. I dont suffer with a bad back or anything but this mattress was coil sprung and well past its sell by date. I felt the springs were sleeping with me rather than below me. So i checked the mattress and noticed it was dated 1998 (14 years old) I informed the owners and they agreed that it was due for change , and were appreciative of feedback . But considering my back felt contorted and l tired from having gained only a few hours sleep from tossing and turning with a mattress that was bowing in the middle and very uncomfy with coil springs digging into me ,i was dissapionted that liz did not offer any consolation on the £65 i paid her.
The breakfast was nice ,but after this stay i felt that if liz had said pay what you feel the room was worth then £50 would have been more fair as i have not endured a as poor bed as this and would have expected far better.
Overall , clean , cosy , warm and friendly, but ring and ask if your staying in a double , has that mattress been changed yet in room 4

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank paul h
Reviewed 1 September 2012

I've been using this bed and breakfast for years,and it is like home, you are welcomed with open arms by Lizzie and John on every visit,Nothing is ever to much trouble,I work all over the country staying in hotels four nights a week,When you find little gems like this it put's the others to shame.I dont normally do breakfast but it's a must at the Glenayr John's bacon is a must have even if you only try it once freshly cooked every time.

Always my first choice.

Room Tip: Room-1 is my favourite then romm-4.
1  Thank GWH1369
Reviewed 28 August 2012

This is an absolutely amazing wee B&B. The rooms are excellent, and they know how to make the best Breakfast in town! John & Liz are the perfect hosts, and it's like staying with family. Would highly recommend to everybody!

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Lou_smyth88
Reviewed 13 August 2012

Liz has got a great Hotel here, Lovely surroundings, Great Rooms, and great food ( Breakfast was FAB!!!)
Not far from the conference centre, and walking distance from all local amenities!
This is a hotel worth visiting.
My Room is booked for next year! Or should i say the Whole Hotel is booked for Conference next year!

Room Tip: Room 2 is on the front, but was lovely and airy with the windows open. There was no noise from the s...
Reviewed 13 August 2012

I have just returned after my first 2 night stay with Lovely Liz and her lovely husband. We were a group of 11 and both Liz and her husband could not have done more to make our stay wonderful. One of my group was even given a lift to see an emergency Doctor, breakfast was very yummy and made at a time to accommodate our meetings as we were in Harrogate with PartyLite the amazing candle company that we work for. The rooms are all lovely and very clean and beds are comfortable. We have already booked for our annual conference so will be back next year but I don't really want to wait until then to return so I hope to return sooner with my Husband. It really is the kind of place that is suitable for groups and couples. Because the Glenayr is situated so close to the centre of town and yet is peaceful because it isn't in the centre but still only 5 minutes stroll away from all that Harrogate has to offer.
Thank you so much Liz for helping to make our weekend so wondeful xx

Room Tip: All the rooms are lovely and room 5 is at the top back and gets lots of sunshine so gets warm.
Reviewed 13 August 2012

an excellent clean and welcoming guest house.nothing was to much trouble,Liz found phone numbers for me and gave me the house phone to use,her husband took me to hospital to pick up a prescription.breakfast was fantastic and a wide choice of frits,cerals and cooked breakfast,will be back next year