“home from home” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Glenayr Guest Accommodation

Glenayr Guest Accommodation
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Harrogate
Glenayr Guest Accommodation
Ranked #46 of 104 Harrogate B&B and Inns
Perth, United Kingdom
“home from home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2012

Come every September, always warm and welcoming. Nothing is too much trouble. Will keep coming back. Rooms are comfortable and well equipped, a cup of tea and a biscuit after a busy day, just what the doctor ordered Thankyou Liz,

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Wendy B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2012

Liz was friendly and accomodating, she didn't mind that I arrived early at 7.30 am to park my car and get the keys to my room. My room was modern and clean. Can't fault the experience. Very reasonable charge for my stay. Definitely will come back

• Stayed November 2012
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2012

I Arrived earlier than expected about 1pm and was warmly greeded by Liz the owner. "No problem she said" and said my room was all made up and ready. She showed me my room, which was lovely and cosy and warm on such a drab cold day. Liz made sure I was happy with everything and said if i needed anything else just ask.

There was lots of tea and coffee and available as I like a few drinks of tea. The room had been recently decorated with a new TV with freeview. Could,nt fault the room and I slept soundly in my comfortable bed and I am not the normally a good sleeper in hotels.

I had breakfast at 7.30am, the dinning room had alos been recently re-furbished and it showed as a lot of time and money had gone into making it look good. I was again warmly greeted, "did i sleep well, etc". I was asked what I wanted for breakfast and I can be a little picky with my food, but again that was no problem and I was given a lovely cooked breakfast as i had asked for with black pudding, my favourite. lots of toast and tea, plus fresh fruits.

I only stopped one night, but this was the best value hotel I have stopped in and I stop away alot with my work. I could,nt fault the hotel or welcome and will be comming back as soon as I can

Chris H

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Kendal, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2012

We booked this B&B for four nights on the basis of the recommendations on Tripadvisor, and it really lived up to all its good reviews. Spotlessly clean, fully equipped to modern standards, comfy bed, quiet location and with first rate breakfasts with all the trimmings. But above all, Liz and her husband John are great hosts- nothing is too much trouble and everything comes with a smile.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DonE377
York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2012

Having now stayed at the Glenaye three times over the last four months, i can honestly say that this small guest house is better then some of the larger branded hotels in Harrogate.two out of the three visits we have stayed in a double room at the top of the house (room 4) which we found to be comfortable and functional
On all occasions we slept well and could not fault the quality of the furniture and decorations, breakfast was a good Yorkshire fare with more then enough to keep you going all day.
At the room rates quoted, we believe you would be hard pushed to find a more welcoming and comfortable hotel that offers a homely welcome and a good nights sleep.

Room Tip: Any room will give you a quite location and a good nights sleep
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mike C
Barton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2012

Hi all, i looked on here myself before i booked a nights stay at the Glenayr and was impressed with the reviews left and thought it only fair to leave one of my own to share with people perhaps intending to stay here.
On arrival liz was very friendly and helpful and i noticed that the entrance was very clean and tastefully decorated. The dining room was again nicely decorated with modern trendy furnishings. I noticed however there was a rather fusty smell from the entrance & landing area which carried through to our bedroom door at the top of the BnB. Our room was number 4 which was a cosy double , nicely decorated very clean and with modern furnishings. Unfortunately the fusty smell was still lingering from the landing through to the bedroom which was if anything a little annoying. The ensuite was nice but rather on the small side but very clean.
Now comes the bit where i feel fellow travellers should be aware of.
The bed, which is a major part of a comfortable stay was simply not acceptable for a good nights sleep. I dont suffer with a bad back or anything but this mattress was coil sprung and well past its sell by date. I felt the springs were sleeping with me rather than below me. So i checked the mattress and noticed it was dated 1998 (14 years old) I informed the owners and they agreed that it was due for change , and were appreciative of feedback . But considering my back felt contorted and l tired from having gained only a few hours sleep from tossing and turning with a mattress that was bowing in the middle and very uncomfy with coil springs digging into me ,i was dissapionted that liz did not offer any consolation on the £65 i paid her.
The breakfast was nice ,but after this stay i felt that if liz had said pay what you feel the room was worth then £50 would have been more fair as i have not endured a as poor bed as this and would have expected far better.
Overall , clean , cosy , warm and friendly, but ring and ask if your staying in a double , has that mattress been changed yet in room 4

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank paul h
Scottish Borders
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2012

I've been using this bed and breakfast for years,and it is like home, you are welcomed with open arms by Lizzie and John on every visit,Nothing is ever to much trouble,I work all over the country staying in hotels four nights a week,When you find little gems like this it put's the others to shame.I dont normally do breakfast but it's a must at the Glenayr John's bacon is a must have even if you only try it once freshly cooked every time.

Always my first choice.

Room Tip: Room-1 is my favourite then romm-4.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business