“Great Escape Cotswolds - an outstanding day out”
Review of Great Escape Cars - CLOSED

Great Escape Cars
London, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great Escape Cotswolds - an outstanding day out”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I have just returned from a wonderful day out on the Cotswolds Car Rally with Great Escape Classic Car Hire and have to say it was a real treat to be able to drive some of my favourite iconic classic cars, including the Jensen Interceptor the Jaguar Mk2 and the E-Type.

It was a superb way to spend the day and the pit stop lunch was very enjoyable. Even the weather played its part and was ideal for motoring in the countryside.

The whole event was very well organised and it was evident that a lot of thought and preparation had gone into making the day run so smoothly. Well done and thanks to everyone at Great Escape Classic Cars.

A highly recommended experience for any car enthusiast.

Visited May 2014

Bradford, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A couple of days with the Jensen Interceptor”
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I booked the Jensen Intercepter from the Yorkshire site Great Escapes have and took advangtage of an excellent special offer that left the price too good to refuse! Tiny problem with booking as Great Escapes had an issue with their phone lines the day I called, but thisdidn't prevent the booking going ahead. I met Jamie at the location where the cars were stored on a very cold Monday evening in early February and was given a thorough explanation of the controls (I probably seemed a bit blaise to him, but I'm a real classic car nut and have driven loads! Despite this he made sure I was comfortable with the car before letting me loose). The car performed faultlessly for my trip to the lakes and back and really was superb - in fairness the car wasn't a 'mint' example but drove superbly, only issues I noted were some wear and tear on the body, but only what you'd expect for a car that was in use. I left my own car at the site while I had their car and it was stored safely. Returning the car was very straightforward. I booked another car on their great offer price for the summer and can't wait to return.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Iain S
Reading, United Kingdom
“Great Escape Cotswold adventure”
Reviewed 24 November 2013

My father-in-law and I had a wonderful day driving around the Cotswold lanes in the sunshine while participating in a Great Escape classic car rally. Classic Porsche 911, MBG roadster, E-Type Jaguar, Alfa Romeo Spider, TR6 and HMC Healey were all great fun. The guy at Great Escape made the whole day very relaxed and enjoyable, topped off with a nice lunch at The Slaughters Country Inn in Lower Slaughter.
Would highly recommend and hope to return again soon.

Visited April 2013

Brecon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Excellent day out”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

This is the second time I've been on a driving tour with Great Escape and it didn't disappoint. Booking was very easy and all staff were extremely helpful and accommodating before and during the event. The cars themselves are excellent, being old vehicles they all have their little quirks but were totally reliable throughout the day and a pleasure to drive. The route we drove was very good and had obviously been well thought out and organised (the maps provided are very helpful and easy to follow). Whether you hire one car or a drive a few during a tour, it's basically a great way to enjoy classic cars without any of the hassle of ownership - highly recommended.

Visited October 2013

1 Thank Willp P
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Great escape into Wales”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

We had so much fun trying out some amazing classic cars, stopped off for a fab lunch en-route and had a beautiful day to enjoy the journey from Worcestershire into mid-Wales. If you aren't a petrolhead, then sit back and enjoy a chauffeur drive in the country - and some fresh air in the E-Type may just convert you, my wife loved it!!

Loads of help from the staff and a friendly atmosphere amongst fellow drivers made it great fun. Cars driven were E-type Jag convertible (got waves and smiles from passers by), Saab 900 turbo (wished I could take home), Porsche 911 (felt like an old racer - clunky and uncomfortable!), HMC Healey (beautiful, fast and luxurious), Jensen Interceptor (3 speeds: civilised, fast and bank job!) and a retro Mini Cooper - we had a real giggle!!

Visited October 2013