“Great Food & ambience 5*****”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Runamocha - CLOSED

Runamocha
Price range: US$6 - US$32
Cuisines: European, British, Mediterranean, Contemporary
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Drinks, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: A multi-purpose restaurant and venue, Runamocha's concept is different from any other place in town. Playing host to a whole range of afternoon tea's from the hugely popular 'Mad Hatters' Afternoon Tea to the legendary (and great fun) Sex and the City Party, this popular local bistro on Harrogate's Cheltenham Crescent in the town centre is a magnet for locals of an evening who love to gather round with good friends, and indulge in the fabulous 32 day aged signature range steak menu, sourced from an award winning local farm. Enjoy from a 6oz rump to a Chateaubriand. If steak is not your thing then no worries the freshly cooked A La Carte menu is large and varied, catering for every palette. Runamocha's Sunday lunch being served from 12.00pm till 4.00pm has a huge fan Base and is widely regarded as the best Sunday lunch in Harrogate..! Needless to say it is very popular and booking is highly recommended.
Leeds, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Food & ambience 5*****”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

Dropped on this fabulous place whilst exhibiting at the Harrogate International Centre. As a table of 8 we were seated with no fuss even though it was a very busy Saturday evening. The waiting staff and management couldn't do enough for us, even down to recommending single malts after our dinner.

We all ordered off the excellent steak menu..I can particularly recommend the 18oz T bone char grilled rare and at only £21.95 fantastic value. Will certainly be returning when back in Harrogate.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Headstand70

“Incredible burger! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

Every time I go to runamocha there seems to be something new and exciting on the menu and with the World Cup being on they put a fantastic burger menu of all the tastes from different counties within the World Cup. I personally chose the American burger which was an 8oz burger topped with pulled pork. Needless to say I wasn't at all disappointed with the meal at all and I can safely say that was THE best burger I've ever had, the service and aesthetics of the place were all some of the best I've ever had and I can honestly say it's hard to fault the owners of runamocha. I will definitely be back again for round two of those massive burgers!

1 Thank ellman25 .
Harrogate, United Kingdom
“Good food but the experience a bit lacking”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

When booking for dinner with friends during the week I asked if the menu on the website would be available, as on my previous visit the food offered was lovely but totally different (and certainly no Venetian tapas as claimed!). I was told no the website was totally out of date but the owner would email me the current menu. It never arrived but it didn't matter as we were greeted warmly but told that 2 or 3 dishes from the menu weren't available. The menu was lovely though so we were still happy. On ordering wine (from the good but short list) we were told our choice wasn't available. My friend asked if we could have the next one down for the same price but both the waiter and owner said no, despite it only being £3 more! Another of our group is vegetarian and her mushroom ravioli arrived covered in Parmesan despite the menu not stating this in the description and it not bring vegetarian. She asked if they could rectify this and a new one arrived quickly with apologies. The rest of the food was lovely and service good. A final comment though is that some dishes include accompaniments (salad, potatoes etc) & some don't. If yours doesn't and you order them separately the bill is quite expensive for what it is compared to other Harrogate restaurants. So in summary it's nearly there but needs more attention to detail. Sadly with so much other choice I won't rush back.

1 Thank Buzzybee130
Yarm, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Quality and great value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

Popped in Thursday night for a drink and ended up having a meal. Restaurant very busy so was given option to eat at bar. The food,service and atmosphere spot on. Will definitely go again as it's first class.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Carlos986
Harrogate,
“Fantastic Throughout!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

I have eaten here a few different times now, with family, friends, and work colleagues, and every single time the food has been outstanding. From Breakfast, lunch to dinner, I have tried each and enjoyed the lot! Service is always fantastic, and I would encourage anyone to try it. The touch tv screens are fantastic for kids, the wines all the better for grown ups, and the atmosphere is unfussy and happy.
Well done!!